Unable to select attribute subset using select attributes

CarlosBCarlosB Member Posts: 10 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

I am unable to select an attribute subset using the "select attributes" node.   See attached image.   My "Process / Synchronize Meta Data with Real Data" menu option is checked.  

Best Answer

• AndrewAndrew RapidMiner Certified Expert, RapidMiner Certified Master, Member Posts: 47 Guru
    Solution Accepted

It's not the end of the world. Sometimes the meta data doesn't synchronise. In this case it's probably because SQL is at the far end. 

The workaround is to type the names of the attributes.

Answers

• CarlosBCarlosB Member Posts: 10 Contributor I

Andrew,

I did not realize that we could type in the names of the attributes.  That worked and it is an acceptable workaround for now.  

Thanks,

Carlos -

• liralira Member Posts: 1 Contributor I

I tried this way for my problem. It dosen't work. My attribute name also can not shown out.

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Sometimes the meta data doesn't propogate so the names don't show up. One way to fix this is as the solution suggest, toggle on Sync with MetaData preference. If that doesn't work, I'd inspect your data to see why the metadata is not propogating and try the Guess Types operator to see if it can resync things automatically. 

• Robert_MacInnisRobert_MacInnis Member Posts: 7 Contributor II

Hi I tried all of these - was able to type in attribute names - but errors still showed although model did run.  I have gotten this to work in the past with Guess Type - and then Select Attributes - but it is not working for Set Role.

• Robert_MacInnisRobert_MacInnis Member Posts: 7 Contributor II

Found a solution.  Seems to work if I use Import Wizard - but not if if fill in parameters.

• xitignxitign Member Posts: 1 Contributor I

I had the same problem with a process that had easily worked before, after I deselected "Validate Automatically" the problem appeared.

If you select manual "Validate Process" or set on "Validate Automatically" it will work again!