W-Logistic and EqualLabelWeighting

UsernameUsername Member Posts: 39 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

the W-Logistic operator throws an exception: "sum of weight of instances less than 1". I'm using the EqualLabelWeighting operator for assigning weights to examples. Shouldn't the summed up weights of all exampes be 1?

Thanks

Answers

• TobiasMalbrechtTobiasMalbrecht Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 294 RM Product Management
    Hi,

yes, in principal the weights created by the [tt]EqualLabelWeighting[/tt] operator should sum to 1 with the default parameter values. Did you check if the error occurs also when you set the [tt]total_weight[/tt] parameter to value greater than 1? Perhaps the weights do not sum exactly to 1 because of rounding errors?

Regards,
    Tobias
  • UsernameUsername Member Posts: 39 Maven
    Tobias Malbrecht wrote:

Hi,

yes, in principal the weights created by the [tt]EqualLabelWeighting[/tt] operator should sum to 1 with the default parameter values. Did you check if the error occurs also when you set the [tt]total_weight[/tt] parameter to value greater than 1? Perhaps the weights do not sum exactly to 1 because of rounding errors?

Regards,
    Tobias
    I tried  [tt]total_weight = 2[/tt] without any problems. I guess you're right with the rounding errors.