Weights not being calculated

ally_ansarially_ansari Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi - 

I'm trying to select the weights that were created by the correlations. The correlation works, but the weights are empty.

Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 6.12.09 PM.pngProcessex.pngExample is EmptyScreen Shot 2017-12-18 at 6.12.55 PM.pngWeights are emptyScreen Shot 2017-12-18 at 6.13.05 PM.pngCorrelation works

Tagged:

Answers

• earmijoearmijo Member Posts: 270 Unicorn

Use the operator Weight by Correlation instead of the correlation matrix. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 6.31.03 PM.png

Take a look at the attached process. 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><process version="7.6.002">
    <context>
    <input/>
    <output/>
    <macros/>
    </context>
    <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="6.0.002" expanded="true" name="Root">
    <process expanded="true">
    <operator activated="true" class="retrieve" compatibility="7.6.002" expanded="true" height="68" name="Retrieve Polynomial" width="90" x="179" y="136">
    <parameter key="repository_entry" value="//Samples/data/Polynomial"/>
    </operator>
    <operator activated="true" class="weight_by_correlation" compatibility="7.6.002" expanded="true" height="82" name="Weight by Correlation" width="90" x="313" y="136"/>
    <operator activated="true" class="select_by_weights" compatibility="7.6.002" expanded="true" height="103" name="Select by Weights" width="90" x="447" y="136">
    <parameter key="weight_relation" value="less equals"/>
    <parameter key="weight" value="0.4"/>
    </operator>
    <connect from_op="Retrieve Polynomial" from_port="output" to_op="Weight by Correlation" to_port="example set"/>
    <connect from_op="Weight by Correlation" from_port="weights" to_op="Select by Weights" to_port="weights"/>
    <connect from_op="Weight by Correlation" from_port="example set" to_op="Select by Weights" to_port="example set input"/>
    <connect from_op="Select by Weights" from_port="example set output" to_port="result 2"/>
    <connect from_op="Select by Weights" from_port="weights" to_port="result 1"/>
    <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
    <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
    <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
    <portSpacing port="sink_result 3" spacing="0"/>
    </process>
    </operator>
    </process>
  • ally_ansarially_ansari Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

Thanks for the reply.  With the configuration you suggested I get a 'label is missing' errror. 

What I'd like to do is create correlations - and then isolate the variables that are highly correlated. 

I'm following this youtube video and attempting to re-create this process flow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoycFvkB3SU

• ally_ansarially_ansari Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

Ooops - 

• earmijoearmijo Member Posts: 270 Unicorn

That means you haven't defined roles for the different variables. Which is the varaible you are trying to predict? That is the label. Stick a Set Role operator between the ReadCSV and the Correlation Matrix.

• Pavithra_RaoPavithra_Rao Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 123 RM Data Scientist

Hi Ally,

Would you mind sharing the dataset you are trying to analyze? The issue may be specific to the dataset.

Attached is the similar process that I have built with a sample dataset for your reference. Also here is the instruction on How to Import a repository in RapidMiner

Cheers