Options

Where can i find some tutorials on using python inside RapidMiner?

rresetarrresetar Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hello,

I am new at RapidMiner and Python. Iwas searching the web for tutorials and exanmples but with no success.

Can somebody pleas help me to find tutorials for using Python in RapidMiner?

Answers

• Options
    MaerkliMaerkli Member Posts: 84 Guru

Hallo Newbie,

Please, try this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGdBZ-JV42o.

The speaker is a solution architecht solution at RapidMiner; I haven't time to look the full workshop. I am sure that it is solid stuff.

Bonne journée,

Maerkli

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

yep that's a good video. There are also sample processes in the product itself (go to Help under Execute Python) and some samples also in the Community Repository.

Scott

• Options
    SGolbertSGolbert RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 344 Unicorn

I think that can get you started.

However it is a very bad idea to use the scripts inside cross-validation (or inside any loop in general), because that makes the scripts be executed multiple times with a huge overhead:

• Python/R initialization
    • Conversion from example set to data frame
    • Processing by the Python/R interpreter, most of the times with only one core
    • Conversion from data frame to RapidMiner example set

If you want to use it, bring the iteration or cross validation into the script (for example with the caret package in R or Scikit Learn in Python).

Best regards,

Sebastian