Write Access output has incorrect values

KellyMKellyM Member Posts: 21 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help

Hello.

I am attempting to write an example set to Access using the Write Access operator.  It runs fine but for some reason, one of my attributes is showing some incorrect values after it outputs to Access.  There are 10,000 total examples.  After writing to Access, 294 have incorrect values in the Odom.. column.  Every other column and value are written correctly. I am using a join operator in the process before writting to Access and have tried manipulating the parameters of that to see if it helps but to no avail.  Additionally, it writes to Excel and to CSV exactly as it should.

Here is a portion of the ExampleSet in RapidMiner that is being fed into the Write Access operator.  These are the correct values.

ExampleSet Output.png

Here is how it is being written into an Access table:

Output in Access.png

Can someone explain to me why this might be occurring? And how come it's only occurring on a portion of the example set?

Thank you for the help,

Kelly M.

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

That is odd. What happens if you write it to a CSV or another database? Can you test it?

• KellyMKellyM Member Posts: 21 Maven

I tested it by writing it to Excel and to CSV as well and didn't have any issues.  Both of those wrote the correct values.  MS Access is the only DB I have write capabilities to so I unfortunately cannot test it by writing to another DB.

I also checked to make sure that the datafile I'm feeding into the Write Access operator is correct, and it is.  I have tried different overwrite modes in the Write Access parameters also but am still having an issue.  The only thing I noticed is that I'm using MS Access 2013.  In the parameters window for Write Access, the access version only allows me to go as recent as Access 2010.   Could this be causing the issue?

Thank you,

Kelly

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

While I can't say for sure, the Access versioning might be the issue. I can't say when this will be updated but perhaps the intermediate workaround is to write to CSV and then import it into Access that way.