convert nominal to numerical problem

sebastian_gonzasebastian_gonza RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 52 Guru
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi

I want to convert nominal values into numeric, I tried the dummy coding but a column is generated for each value there is, then I use unique integers and I get like an order number but not what the number actually is, all I want is one column with the numeric values, any ideas?

Best Answer

• sebastian_gonzasebastian_gonza RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 52 Guru
    Solution Accepted

I used a guess type and worked, thks anyways :)

Answers

• phellingerphellinger Employee, Member Posts: 103 RM Engineering

Hi,

is this a question related to Radoop. I am just asking because of your other recent question... If yes, then probably "Type Conversion" operator is the one you are looking for.

If it is Studio, then "Parse Numbers" operator looks promising.

Best,

Peter 

• lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn

Hi @sebastian_gonza,

Have you try to : 

- set your concerned attributes as numeric in the import configuration wizard (step 4 / 4).

AND/OR

- use the Parse Numbers operator on your concerned attributes.

I hope it helps,

Regards,

Lionel

• sebastian_gonzasebastian_gonza RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 52 Guru

I am extracting a sample from a hive data set throught a retrieve and then store it in my local repository, is there a way to do it during the workflow?

Here is the workflow and the data I am using, if you have an idea please let me know

thks