Options

create attribute whit increasing number elements such as 1 2 3 . . .

kmousavi76kmousavi76 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

hi

in matlab programing we can easily access and manage data of array types. but in rapidminer i don't know ho can access an manage them . for example b=a(1:10) expresion get 1 to 10 elements of a variable and put them to b variable . very easy accec and creat array . but in rapidminer i don't know how this performed . or i want to craet an attribute with increasing number elements such as 1 2 3 4 5 . . .  as attribute elements but i dont know how creat them . can any one help me ?

thanks all .

Best Answers

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    Solution Accepted

hello @kmousavi76 - welcome to the community. Have you tried the Generate Univariate Series operator in the Operator Toolbox extension?

Scott

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Solution Accepted

Another solution just for generating this sequence is to use the operator "Generate ID"...

Cheers,

Ingo

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn

Hi,

for generating arbitrary sequences we added several operators to the jackhammer extension. This saves the three operator combination "Generate ID" / "Set Role" / "Rename". And if you need it to start at 0 or in different step sizes, this would require a "Generate Attribute" as well.

The Jackhammer Extension has operators to:
    Generate Sequence - Creates a sequence attribute with given offset and step size
    Generate Group Index - Creates a sequence attribute with given offset and step size that restarts counting when some specifyable attributes change their value. With that you can e.g. number actions in a sequence if you have a multiple sequence data set
    Generate Group Sequence - Creates a counter for the group itself
    Generate Sequence Data - Creates a new data set just with the sequence of a specifiable size. Very useful for joining in several situations

Just PM me if you want to have the newest version. I think the one on the marketplace still misses the Generate Group INdex.

Greetings,
    Sebastian

• Options
    kmousavi76kmousavi76 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

hi my friends thank all to answering my question .