Options

flow control of multiple test sets

ikunzikunz Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
I am looking for some guidance on how to save accuracy results on 71 different test sets. I would like to know which opperator would allow me to do this. I have one aml file that I am using and have been just manually changing the name of the dat file in the aml file to run each test set. is their an operator that will allow me to process all the different test sets and output to a file?

Answers

• Options
    TobiasMalbrechtTobiasMalbrecht Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 295 RM Product Management
    Hi,

for such tasks you may use e.g. the IteratingOperatorChain or the ParameterIteration operator. The IteratingOperatoChain simply repeats its inner operator chain a predefined number of times. You may access e.g. the number of each iteration using the macro %{a} which you may use in any operator parameter. The ParameterIteration allows you to specify different parameters directly and hence you may iteratively apply its inner operators with different parameter values (e.g. different filenames) in each iteration.

Hope that helps!
    Regards,
    Tobias
  • Options
    ikunzikunz Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    That sounds like what I need but when I am in the parameterIterator parameter configuration i am unable to see the inner operator parameter that I need to set I was trying to change the example source attributes parameter to read from different files.  I had to do it with the xml rather. Thanks for your help and here is my solution for others. I am sure there is a better way so I would appreciate any suggestions.

<operator name="Root" class="Process" expanded="yes">
        <description text="#ylt#h3#ygt#Reading texts from string attributes#ylt#/h3#ygt##ylt#p#ygt##ylt#/p#ygt#"/>
        <operator name="ParameterIteration" class="ParameterIteration" expanded="yes">
            <parameter key="keep_output" value="true"/>
            <list key="parameters">
              <parameter key="ExampleSource.attributes" value=".\IteratorDecissionTree\AIM1.aml,.\IteratorDecissionTree\Bioconductor1.aml"/>
            </list>
            <parameter key="synchronize" value="true"/>
            <operator name="ExampleSource" class="ExampleSource" breakpoints="after">
                <parameter key="attributes" value=".\IteratorDecissionTree\Bioconductor1.aml"/>
                <parameter key="column_separators" value="\t"/>
                <parameter key="datamanagement" value="float_array"/>
                <parameter key="use_comment_characters" value="false"/>
                <parameter key="use_quotes" value="false"/>
            </operator>
            <operator name="StringTextInput" class="StringTextInput" expanded="yes">
                <list key="namespaces">
                </list>
                <operator name="StringTokenizer" class="StringTokenizer">
                </operator>
                <operator name="EnglishStopwordFilter" class="EnglishStopwordFilter">
                </operator>
                <operator name="PorterStemmer" class="PorterStemmer">
                </operator>
            </operator>
            <operator name="XValidation" class="XValidation" expanded="no">
                <parameter key="number_of_validations" value="5"/>
                <parameter key="sampling_type" value="shuffled sampling"/>
                <operator name="DecisionTree" class="DecisionTree">
                    <parameter key="maximal_depth" value="100"/>
                </operator>
                <operator name="OperatorChain" class="OperatorChain" expanded="yes">
                    <operator name="ModelApplier" class="ModelApplier">
                        <list key="application_parameters">
                        </list>
                    </operator>
                    <operator name="Performance" class="Performance">
                    </operator>
                </operator>
            </operator>
        </operator>
    </operator>
  • Options
    TobiasMalbrechtTobiasMalbrecht Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 295 RM Product Management
    Hi,

unfortunately, there was a bug in parameter configuration dialog for the iteration operators in the RapidMiner 4.1 release. We have fixed this problem shortly after that and hence it is no more present in the current CVS version of RapidMiner. There you do not have to set the parameter via XML but rather with the configuration dialog as it was intended.

The following link describes how you may access the current developer version via anonymous CVS using the Eclipse IDE.

http://rapid-i.com/content/view/25/48/lang,de/

Regards,
    Tobias