please help me: my process result into only one node with label "no" in decision

ansar313ansar313 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
please help me: my process result into only one node with label "no" in decision
Attribute Information:

Input variables:
# bank client data:
1 - age (numeric)
2 - job : type of job (categorical: 'admin.','unknown','unemployed','management','housemaid','entrepreneur','student',
'blue-collar','self-employed','retired','technician','services')
3 - marital : marital status (categorical: 'married','divorced','single'; note: 'divorced' means divorced or widowed)
4 - education (categorical: 'unknown','secondary','primary','tertiary')
5 - default: has credit in default? (binary: 'yes','no')
6 - balance: average yearly balance, in euros (numeric)
7 - housing: has housing loan? (binary: 'yes','no')
8 - loan: has personal loan? (binary: 'yes','no')
# related with the last contact of the current campaign:
9 - contact: contact communication type (categorical: 'unknown','telephone','cellular')
10 - day: last contact day of the month (numeric)
11 - month: last contact month of year (categorical: 'jan', 'feb', 'mar', ..., 'nov', 'dec')
12 - duration: last contact duration, in seconds (numeric)
# other attributes:
13 - campaign: number of contacts performed during this campaign and for this client (numeric, includes last contact)
14 - pdays: number of days that passed by after the client was last contacted from a previous campaign (numeric, -1 means client was not previously contacted)
15 - previous: number of contacts performed before this campaign and for this client (numeric)
16 - poutcome: outcome of the previous marketing campaign (categorical: 'unknown','other','failure','success')

Output variable (desired target):
17 - y - has the client subscribed a term deposit? (binary: 'yes','no')
i choose this field 'y' as label
but result of decision tree have only one node with label "no"
sample records:
age job marital education default balance housing loan contact day month duration campaign pdays previous poutcome y
30 unemployed married primary no 1787 no no cellular 19 oct 79 1 -1 0 unknown no
33 services married secondary no 4789 yes yes cellular 11 may 220 1 339 4 failure no
35 management single tertiary no 1350 yes no cellular 16 apr 185 1 330 1 failure no

but

Answers

• MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi,

I just added an entry in the FAQ about this issue:

Why does my Decision Tree contain only one node?
    RapidMiner's decision tree has a "minimal gain" parameter. If a new node would not result in at least that increase of model performance, the algorithm stops. Try to decrease the parameter value if you want deeper trees. But you should carefully evaluate your models and compare different parameter settings. For that you should have a look at the Optimize Parameters operator.

Hope this helps!

Best, Marius
  • MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    And as stated elsewhere: double posting does not improve response time, you can be glad that in first place I only saw one of your posts and wrote an answer.

Spamming the forum with at least 6 identical posts will result in banning from the forum and deletion of the posts without further notice in the future.

Instead of wasting your and other people's time you should read the documentation of the operator itself directly in RapidMiner, experiment with the paramter settings and inspect our online documentation and videos which are linked in more than one place in this forum and on the website.