problem on install R extension : incompatible extension during statup

maryam_raz21maryam_raz21 Member Posts: 9 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi. I installed rapidminer 8.1 and then installed R scripting extension and after restart rapidminer, I got this message:

one incompatible extension during start up.

how can I solve this problem? I also have R (3.4.3) and R studio befor on my windows

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Hi,

what edition of RapidMiner are you running? And can you have a look into your .RapidMiner folder, there is a file called rapidminer-studio.log. This should contain more details.

Cheers,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • maryam_raz21maryam_raz21 Member Posts: 9 Contributor I

thanks for reply:manhappy:

my edition is free! what is the diffrence between editions?

I cheked log file and there isn't any especial thing in it :

"Plugin initializer com.rapidminer.extension.rscripting.PluginInitRScripting.initPluginManager of Plugin R Scripting caused an error: null"

• David_ADavid_A Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 297 RM Research

Hi,

this is indeed a strange error. Perhaps something during the download or registration of the extension went wrong.

My not so creative suggestion would be, that you remove the extension *.jar file from the .RapidMiner/managed folder. It's name should be rmx_r_scripting-8.1.0.jar and then try to install it again from the marketplace.

Best,
    David

I uninstall rapidminer and remove all files and folder and again install it and the R extension, but the error still exist!

is it relavent to other programs such as java?

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hi @maryam_raz21 - could you please share your log file (go to .RapidMiner and grab the file called "rapidminer-studio.log") so we can take a look? This is by far the best way we can help in this kind of situation.

Scott

Ofcourse:smileyhappy:

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

yup illegal path:

Caused by: java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Illegal char <:> at index 2:  C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_60\bin\Rscript.exe

tnx alot but I dont know how can I solve it

could you help me?

• Pavithra_RaoPavithra_Rao Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 123 RM Data Scientist

Hi @maryam_raz21

This article should help you in setting up your Studio to embed R script in RapidMiner.

Embedding R script in RapidMiner

Hope this helps.

Cheers,