save context entries in separate folder for each run?

Fred12Fred12 Member Posts: 344 Unicorn
edited November 2018 in Help

hi, 

I am saving my results into repository in the context window, but I dont want to overwrite them on each run... is there a way to set a directory for the overall context?

Best Answer

• Fred12Fred12 Member Posts: 344 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

a little help to this problem would be, if you have lots of results of same type IOObject, like e.g lots of example sets as results or performance vectors..

then you could aggregate them in a collection and loop over the results with an inner store operator and the iteration macro as store path...but its a bit improvised

maybe I will program a store operator with more than 1 input and output, so that you can just collect your results (if thats not possible in a good way in the process context) in one operator, makes it easier I think, but I'll have to learn about extensions first...

Answers

• bhupendra_patilbhupendra_patil Administrator, Employee, Member Posts: 168 RM Data Scientist

this didn't solve my problem,

I want to use context window to save my results into the same folder, on each try whenever I run the process.

Therefore, a new folder should be created with the process itself saved into it, as well as all the results in the same folder.

It's a bit tedious to use store operator with the macro on for all x results...

• bhupendra_patilbhupendra_patil Administrator, Employee, Member Posts: 168 RM Data Scientist

Sorry wont have time to try this out next few hours, but see if you cna use the "Copy repository entry " and other repository operators to work with.

please share your findings

I think I found it...

with the export process operator from Information Selection extension you can basically just like "store" operator store the whole process into a file or a repository...

you would then have to use the same macro as path to your repository folder in "export process" that was used by your store operator. The order of execution doesnt matter...

but it seems not possible to set macros for my context window entries for the results, to dynamically use the same macros to store all results from context window in that same folder :( it does not parse those macros somehow...

@Fred12 Not sure if it completely solves your case, but  you could use the collect operator and then save the collection instead of individual store results.