Options

stack automation

mejaermejaer Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hello Everyone,

i met rapidminer 2 days ago and want to achieve the following, i ask here because im still not sure if rapidminer is able to do that:

I want to crawl/scrape a site - filter specific keywords - send mail to the email adress attached to the keyword - automated! Its only about an automated jobs/project research and contact the jobprovider.

I did this via rss feeds in the past, bet that technologie seems to disappear.

Continue trying to achieve with Rapidminer?

Thank you for your time.

Melanie

Answers

• Options
    FBTFBT Member Posts: 106 Unicorn

You can absolutely do this in RapidMiner and probably quicker than with many other tools. Email sending may become a bit tricky if you reach a high volume of messages, but this is not a "RapidMiner only" problem (--> mail server spam protection).

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,510 RM Data Scientist

Hi,

i've done something similar for monster.com using their RSS feed last year.. Definitly doable.

Cheers,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    mejaermejaer Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

thank you all!

That´s is the info i needed. How im going to achieve is now up to me.

Best

• Options
    Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn

That's a great independent spirit to get started! But here's a helpful hint...you'll want to download the free text mining and web mining extensions to find the operators that will be most helpful to you.  

And don't hesitate to come back to the forum if you hit any roadblocks along the way.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hello @mejaer - welcome to the RapidMiner family.  :)  Yes you are on the right track and yes definitely use the Web Mining extension, particularly the Crawl Web and Get Page operators.   Good luck!

Scott