Options

upgrading rapidminer to 9 version Problems

asmahassani08asmahassani08 Member Posts: 31 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi, 

i work on 8.1 version of rapidminer and everything works well.

I received a notification to upgrade the version to 9.0, I downloaded and installed the new version.

but when I launch rapidminer is still in the older version. and I  receive this notification :

Hi! Wouldn't you like to upgrade to RapidMiner 9.0?

Your current version is currently unsupported and may not be stable with the most recent features...

another thing, the connections menu does not works when I click on it.

when I add new extensions ( radoop and hive), are not added to the operators !! 

is there a solution to go back to the previous version ?? or how can I resolve this problem?

Thanks

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering

Hi,

This can happen if the update for various reasons fail. It's a bit annoying, but thankfully no problem, just follow the simple steps below to fix it:

1. Delete your old installation folder. Usually something like C:/Program Files/RapidMiner/RapidMiner Studio. The folder does not contain any of your work, so it's safe to delete.
    2. Download the full version from our downloads page here and install it again. Now you are running the latest Studio version.

Regards,

Marco