Options

File: rapidnet-1.zip - unsupported compression method?

DaltonDalton Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi!

First of all: thank you for great open source products! Rapidminer is really a gem!

Following excellent experiences with Rapidminer I tried to test freshly released RapidNet. I have dowloaded rapidnet-1.0.zip file from several different mirrors, but always ended up with only partialy uncompressed directory.

- File Roller v. 2.28.1 & File Roller v. 2.30.1.1 on two different, up-to-date Ubuntu machines was able to uncompress it, but all .jar files were zero length.

- 7-zip 4.65 on Windows XP machine complained about unknown / unsupported compression method.

I guess I will be able to open it at my office with latest WinRAR. I think you must have employed some quite new compressor to make that archive, so it would be helpful to hint at recommened archive manager at download page.

Many thanks,

- Pawel

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Pawel,
    sorry for the inconvenience, but the zip file seems to be broken. We will replace it as soon as possible.

But anyway, the zip file isn't a good starting point for getting an impression of RapidNet, since it doesn't come with any example projects. Since RapidNet is more or less a viewer on relational data, it isn't worth a look without data :) I would suggest using the windows installer if a windows host is available to get a glance on the possibilities of this software. The installer will install an Ingres Database together with the program offering an example project.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    DaltonDalton Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    Dear Sebastian,

Thanks for clarifications.

I went for rapidnet-1.0.zip because initially I planned deployment on a Linux machine. But no problem I can also install it on Windows.

Many thanks,

- Pawel