"Missing Operators of the Image Mining Extension"

RickyfoxRickyfox Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hello everyone,

although I'm not quite sure if this forum also provides support for the mentioned extension I decided to ask my question here anyway:

I installed the Image Mining Exentsion according to the instructions by moving the jar file to "RapidMiner5->lib->plugins" and most of the Operators for Image Processing seem to be okay. When looking at the Extension Manager in RM5 I noticed that the extension is not listed there, which I already didn't take for a good sign.

While trying to wrap my head around image mining in RM5 I stumbled upon this image that showed a process I wanted to recreate - then I noticed I am missing the operators 'List images", 'upload images' etc.

Can someone tell me where I went wrong?
Tagged:

Answers

• StaryVenaStaryVena Member Posts: 126 Contributor II
    Hello Rickyfox,
    it looks like your process was created using the old image mining extension developed by th Rapid-I within the eLICO project. The extension you have downloaded is developed by SPLab and it is not compatible with the other extension.

Best,
    Vaclav
  • RickyfoxRickyfox Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
    Thank you very much for your answer!

How do I get the 'new' image mining extension? When looking at my RM5 marketplace it doesn't show up anywhere.

Best regards,
    Rickyfox
  • StaryVenaStaryVena Member Posts: 126 Contributor II
    Hi,
    you can download the community version here:
    http://www.burgsys.com/mumi-image-mining.php
    Or ask for evaluation version and also download the documentation.

Best,
    Vaclav
  • RickyfoxRickyfox Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
    StaryVena wrote:

Hi,
    you can download the community version here:
    http://www.burgsys.com/mumi-image-mining.php
    Or ask for evaluation version and also download the documentation.

Best,
    Vaclav
    I downloaded the Version you linked to (community version) and it seems to be the exact same .jar file I already have.