Options

Need specific data from a website in categories

iSuniSun Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello,

I have to collect some specific data from webshops from a website who shows about 7000 webshops in different categories.

What I need exectly is the name, e-mail adress, street, zip-code and town. Until now I allways copied/pasted the data in an excel-document. This work is horrible.

My question is now how can I do that automatic with the RapidMiner?

Thanks for your help...

Answers

• Options
    TobiasMalbrechtTobiasMalbrecht Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 295 RM Product Management
    Hi,

you can request the html pages using one of the operators [tt]Get Page[/tt], [tt]Get Pages[/tt] or [tt]Crawl Web[/tt] from the RM Web Mining extension. Which one works best depends on the particular  website and how you can acquire the pages.

Once you have the pages in an example set or in a document, you may extract particular parts of the page using the [tt]Generate Extract[/tt] or [tt]Extract Information[/tt] operator, respectively. For that, you may have to use regular expressions or XPATH expressions - which of course depend on the content you would like to extract and the structure of the page from which you want to extract the content.

Kind regards,
    Tobias