Options

Paren extension not loading

bharathbharath Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited September 2019 in Help
Hi All

I updated RapidMiner to 5.2.008 and installed PaRen extension (5.1.1) through update manager. Though it shows in my list of extensions (help>manage extensions) i neither see a 'automatic system construction' option under tools menu nor do i see the Landmarking operator. I tried uninstall/install several times. I also tried downloading the file from marketplace and pasting it in rapidminer extensions folder where i have other extensions.

Please help.

Thanks !!!
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi,

I've just tested it myself and for me it is working.
    What other extension do you have installed? What system are you working on?
    Can you please start RapidMiner from Console and post the log here?

Best,
    Nils
  • Options
    RWingerterRWingerter Member Posts: 38 Contributor II
    Hi,

I do have 'Automatic System Construction' in the tools menu, but when I run it I get an error "java.lang.NULLPointerException".

Here is the log from the console:

´Mar 16, 2013 10:44:03 PM com.rapidminer.gui.tools.ResourceAction addToActionMap
    WARNING: Cannot add action save_building_block to input map: no accelerator defi
    ned.
    Mar 16, 2013 10:44:03 PM com.rapidminer.gui.tools.ResourceAction addToActionMap
    WARNING: Cannot add action toggle_all_breakpoints to input map: no accelerator d
    efined.
    Mar 16, 2013 10:44:03 PM com.rapidminer.gui.tools.ResourceAction addToActionMap
    WARNING: Cannot add action toggle_all_breakpoints to input map: no accelerator d
    efined.
    Mar 16, 2013 10:45:31 PM com.rapidminer.tools.I18N getMessage
    WARNING: Missing I18N key: gui.dialog.step.regression.title
    WARNING: Missing I18N key: gui.dialog.step.evaluate.title
    WARNING: Missing I18N key: gui.dialog.classifier_recommender_wizard.icon
    Mar 16, 2013 10:45:48 PM com.rapidminer.tools.I18N getMessage
    WARNING: Missing I18N key: gui.dialog.step.regression.title
    Mar 16, 2013 10:45:48 PM com.rapidminer.operator.tools.ExampleSetToStream <init>

WARNING: Using deprecated example set stream version 1
    java.lang.NullPointerException
           at de.dfki.madm.mlwizard.functionality.Regressioner.predict(Regressioner
    .java:58)
           at de.dfki.madm.mlwizard.functionality.Regressioner.predict(Regressioner
    .java:83)
           at de.dfki.madm.mlwizard.gui.RegressionWizardStep$2.doInBackground(Regre
    ssionWizardStep.java:190)
           at de.dfki.madm.mlwizard.gui.RegressionWizardStep$2.doInBackground(Regre
    ssionWizardStep.java:185)
           at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
           at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
           at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
           at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
           at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
           at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
           at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

FWIW, I cannot see the Landmark operator.

Roland
  • Options
    Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi Roland,

this extension is not maintained by Rapid-I. Can you please contact the author of the Paren Extension?
    http://marketplace.rapid-i.com/UpdateServer/faces/product_details.xhtml?productId=rmx_paren

Best,
    Nils
  • Options
    Nils wrote:

Can you please contact the author of the Paren Extension?
    Thank you for the pointer. Done.

Roland
  • Options
    There was a problem in the Windows version which has been fixed by the author. The new version of ML Wizard (5.3.1) which is available in the RapidMiner MarketPlace works fine. Thank your for this excellent tool!

Retegniw
  • Options
    rkbukowsrkbukows Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    My automatic system construction 5.3.1. works fine, but I do not see the landmarking operator.

Radek
  • Options
    rkbukows@utmb.edu wrote:

My automatic system construction 5.3.1. works fine, but I do not see the landmarking operator.
    I don't see it either. Looks like it isn't surfaced any more. I will e-Mail the author of ML Wizard an inquire about it.

Roland
  • Options
    earmijoearmijo Member Posts: 270 Unicorn
    I downloaded it yesterday and it works perfectly.... in Mac/Linux. It still doesn't work for me in Windows. I still get the "Java Null pointer... blah blah" error.
  • Options
    earmijo wrote:

It still doesn't work for me in Windows. I still get the "Java Null pointer... blah blah" error.
    Strange. Are you sure you have ML Wizard version 5.3.1 (check the version number in Help > Manage Extensions)? I have Windows 7, 64 bit and the new version of ML Wizard works fine for me, whereas the previous one didn't.

Roland
  • Options
    faridehbagherzafaridehbagherza Member Posts: 22 Contributor II
    Hi
    I  installed MLwizard extension (5.3.1) through update manager. It doesn`t appear in my list of extensions (help>manage extensions) . I neither see a 'automatic system construction' option under tools menu nor do i see the Landmarking operator. But in the Update and Extension Market place , it is written UP TO DATE.
    Any help please!!!!!