Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

"Loop Attribute Subsets -- -- Loop Order"

dragonedisondragonedison Member Posts: 17 Contributor II
edited May 2019 in Help
Dear everyone,

If there are 10 attributes input to operator "Loop Attribute Subsets", namely "att1", "att2", "att3"... ... how can I visualize what attributes are selected for processing each time, does it comply with a certain rule of order? And what's the rule?

Thanks.

Gary

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Gary,
    if you enter a breakpoint before the first inner operator, you can take a look at the example set to get to know which attributes are actually selected. Of course this follows a certain order, but it probably is more useful, that the operator provides a logging value that contains the number of current iteration, the number of currently selected attributes and the names itself as a string. You can use the Log operator to write them into a table that is updated while the process is executed.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • dragonedisondragonedison Member Posts: 17 Contributor II
    Dear Sebastian,

Thanks for your reply.

I did try to use a "Log" operator, but it didn't tell me what attributes are selected. When I use a "Write as Text" operator, it generates the following messages,

04.09.2010 16:42:00 Results of ResultWriter 'Write as Text (2)' [1]:
    04.09.2010 16:42:00 SimpleExampleSet:
    3959 examples,
    1 regular attributes,
    special attributes = {
        label = #10: Bind (binominal/single_value)
    }

it tells me 1 attribute is selected, but hasn't told me its name.

Could you please tell me which log operator I should use and how to set it by detail? Do I have to work in the code level? Thanks a lot!
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    I would refer to the sample processes and the online tutorial but I can't remember which one showed the log operator. So here's a process you should conclude from, how to use it:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <process version="5.0">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.0.8" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <process expanded="true" height="161" width="547">
          <operator activated="true" class="retrieve" compatibility="5.0.8" expanded="true" height="60" name="Retrieve" width="90" x="112" y="30">
            <parameter key="repository_entry" value="//Samples/data/Iris"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="loop_attribute_subsets" compatibility="5.0.8" expanded="true" height="60" name="Loop Subsets" width="90" x="246" y="30">
            <process expanded="true" height="391" width="975">
              <operator activated="true" class="subprocess" compatibility="5.0.8" expanded="true" height="76" name="Do Something" width="90" x="45" y="30">
                <process expanded="true">
                  <portSpacing port="source_in 1" spacing="0"/>
                  <portSpacing port="source_in 2" spacing="0"/>
                  <portSpacing port="sink_out 1" spacing="0"/>
                  <portSpacing port="sink_out 2" spacing="0"/>
                </process>
              </operator>
              <operator activated="true" class="log" compatibility="5.0.8" expanded="true" height="76" name="Log" width="90" x="179" y="30">
                <list key="log">
                  <parameter key="Iteration" value="operator.Loop Subsets.value.iteration"/>
                  <parameter key="Number Of Attributes" value="operator.Loop Subsets.value.feature_number"/>
                  <parameter key="Attributes" value="operator.Loop Subsets.value.feature_names"/>
                </list>
              </operator>
              <connect from_port="example set" to_op="Do Something" to_port="in 1"/>
              <connect from_op="Do Something" from_port="out 1" to_op="Log" to_port="through 1"/>
              <portSpacing port="source_example set" spacing="0"/>
            </process>
          </operator>
          <connect from_op="Retrieve" from_port="output" to_op="Loop Subsets" to_port="example set"/>
          <connect from_op="Loop Subsets" from_port="example set" to_port="result 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>
    Anyway I would suggest going through the manual, online tutorials and all samples to get a fair understanding of RapidMiner.

Greetings,
      Sebastian