Options

Expected AssociationRules but received WekaAssociator

junejojunejo Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
I tried giving the association rules from the Weka's Predictive Apriori as input to the Apply Association Rules operator but I get the following error

"Expected AssociationRules but received WekaAssociator"

any suggestion why or how I can solve this?

by the way I am using GUI of RapidMiner 5

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    the output of the Weka Apriori isn't compatible with RapidMiners Association Rules operators. But you can use RapidMiner's FP-Growth algorithm to build the frequent item sets, then apply a generate associtation rules operator to receive the rules. This one can be fed into the apply operator.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    junejojunejo Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried FP Growth but it gives little and really bad rules.

Is there any way that I can transform the output of the Weka's Predictive Apriori association rules so that it works with Rapid Miners "Apply Association rules" operator.
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    as I said, the output isn't compatible. Of course you are free to write an adapter for this.
    By the way, FP-Growth works completely deterministic and does exactly what it says. If you don't find usable rules, you either chose bad parameter settings or there simply aren't any rules. Switching to another deterministic algorithm, calculating exactly the same result with a different way won't help you. Might be copying the parameters you used in the Weka operator would help.

Greetings,
      Sebastian