Options

"Error after updating to R extension 5.2"

gvanvuurengvanvuuren Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi,

I had the R extension 5.0.1 up and running, and decided this morning to update to version 5.0.2. Big mistake. RM now reports the following error after start up:

Nov 3, 2010 1:56:18 PM WARNING: Plugin initializer com.rapidminer.PluginInitR.initGui of Plugin R Extension causes an error: null

Even after reverting to version 5.0.1, the problem persists. Unfortunately, no stack trace is shown, but the R perspective does not appear. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the error message to be more verbose. Has anybody had a similar effect?

Thanks
Gideon
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Gideon,
    well, thats really really strange. Do you have changed anything else? Anybody else have this problem?

Greetings,
    Sebastian
  • Options
    I've deinstalled and reinstalled R Extension completely, but the problem persists.

The closest hint I have for what could be going on, is when I load and execute the 'Generate Vector' R demo. I get the following stack trace:

Exception: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError
    Stack trace:

org.rosuda.JRI.JRIEngine.<init>(JRIEngine.java:220)
      com.rapidminer.tools.r.JRIRSession.initializeEngine(JRIRSession.java:314)
      com.rapidminer.tools.r.JRIRSession.<init>(JRIRSession.java:78)
      com.rapidminer.tools.r.RSessionManager.acquireSession(RSessionManager.java:233)
      com.rapidminer.tools.r.RSessionManager.acquireSession(RSessionManager.java:194)
      com.rapidminer.operator.r.GenericROperator.doWork(GenericROperator.java:105)
      com.rapidminer.operator.Operator.execute(Operator.java:771)
      com.rapidminer.operator.execution.SimpleUnitExecutor.execute(SimpleUnitExecutor.java:51)
      com.rapidminer.operator.ExecutionUnit.execute(ExecutionUnit.java:709)
      com.rapidminer.operator.OperatorChain.doWork(OperatorChain.java:368)
      com.rapidminer.operator.Operator.execute(Operator.java:771)
      com.rapidminer.Process.run(Process.java:899)
      com.rapidminer.Process.run(Process.java:795)
      com.rapidminer.Process.run(Process.java:790)
      com.rapidminer.Process.run(Process.java:780)
      com.rapidminer.gui.ProcessThread.run(ProcessThread.java:62)

As far as I understand, this means the JRIEngine could not be created, and the NoSuchFieldError seems to indicate that RM attempts to access a field in the rJava classes that doesn't exist. Are there perhaps class incompatibility issues involved here?

Greetings
    Gideon
  • Options
    I solved the problem by uninstalling RM and re-installing it along with all plugins.

Greetings
    Gideon
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    good to hear that it works now. No idea what could have caused the mess. Still don't have a clue why this field should be missing anyway...

Greetings,
      Sebastian