Options

Metadata role conversion + extract information

TKTK Member Posts: 14 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
I wonder wether it´s possible the convert the metadata attribute XY, generated by an extract information operator, into a regular attribute (the operator description says that you can convert these metadata attributes to regular attributes, but it doesnt explain how to do this). The "Set role" operator will do this, but always get the annoying error message "Attribute XY missing in the input example". 

Answers

• Options
    colocolo Member Posts: 236 Maven
    Hi TK,

the "Extract Information" operator works on the document type, not on example sets. If you generate meta attributes for a document and convert it into an example set (using "Documents to Data" or "Process Documents" for example) you should automatically get the meta attributes as regular attributes in your example set. The "Set Role" operator only works on example sets, not on documents. Or did you convert the document before and are still having this problem?

Regards,
    Matthias
  • Options
    Hi. I use a Process Document Operator (with several Extract Information Ops inside it). The Example Set Output from this construction contains the extracted contents as metadata, but the Set Role Operators (and others) won´t recognize them and give out a error message -although they seem to work (that is, you can change their role, but get an error message). This ain´t no big problem, but i noticed this several times...
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    so the process will execute without problems, but the attributes won't occur in the meta data and hence an error shows up in the error tab. Did I understand this correctly?

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    Almost :) The Attribute occurs as a Metadata attribute in the example set, but the suceeding Operators like "Set Role" doesn´t recognize it (which causes an error like "No such Attribute XY in the example set") - but it will set the role anyway. So the error message is misleading, i think...
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    this is just an error in the meta data propagation. We will change the "Errors" Tab into a "Warning" tab, because these are only potential problems and will only work well if the meta data propagation is correct. unfortunately there are some Extensions and operators that don't do this well.

Greetings,
      Sebastian