Options

Operator info is not displayed

spitfire_chspitfire_ch Member Posts: 38 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

in some of the great tutorial videos I have seen how "show operator information" is supposed to work (it's not just the help window as I had assumed previously). Well, for me, it doesn't, not on my private machine, and not on my machine at work (both running on WinXP 32 bit).

The Java console displays NullPointerExceptions (see below). So, obviously it looking for something that is not where it's expected to be - or not initialized. Does anybody have any idea what this could be? Where would the operator information normally be stored?

Thank you very much for any advice and best regards
Hanspeter
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.rapidminer.gui.dialog.OperatorInfoScreen.getTitle(OperatorInfoScreen.java:90)
        at sun.awt.windows.WDialogPeer.initialize(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.windows.WCanvasPeer.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.windows.WPanelPeer.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.windows.WWindowPeer.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.windows.WDialogPeer.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.windows.WToolkit.createDialog(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Dialog.addNotify(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Window.pack(Unknown Source)
        at com.rapidminer.gui.tools.dialogs.ButtonDialog.<init>(ButtonDialog.jav

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    thanks for the info. I have fixed this.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    spitfire_chspitfire_ch Member Posts: 38 Maven
    Wow, awesome, thanks for your great support!

Best regards
    Hanspeter
  • Options
    Air-CooledAir-Cooled Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    Hi,

I thought I was the only one experiencing this  ;D

Btw, nice work on the User Manual. However, I went page by page and found out that the "operator info" is not the only function missing. The "Flag as Dirty" button is missing in the Parameters View as well, at least on my Mac (OS 10.6.4). Is that a Mac issue or an update can be expected soon?

Greetings,
    Kevin

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Kevin,
    we had to remove this feature again. There were too many drawbacks, because of the View concept in RapidMiner's data structure, there could have been changes that would have propagated backwards through the process that would have made it impossible to reexecute the dirty part of a process.

We will address this feature with RapidMiner 6.

Regarding the great support: If you would have been an enterprise customer, you would already have the fix...Anybody else must wait for the next release :)

Greetings,
     Sebastian