Options

"export clusteranalysis results"

shaihuludshaihulud Member Posts: 20 Contributor II
edited May 2019 in Help
hi

ive created a clusteranalysis output, which i would love to export into some kind of parsable format, preferably xml or csv.

The produced .ioo and .md files are cryptic, so i cant use them. How can i export the results?

thx for the help
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    SebastianLohSebastianLoh Member Posts: 99 Contributor II
    hi shaihulud,

i am not sure what do you mean exactly but maybe this example will answer your question:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <process version="5.0">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.0.10" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <process expanded="true" height="325" width="614">
          <operator activated="true" class="retrieve" compatibility="5.0.10" expanded="true" height="60" name="Retrieve" width="90" x="112" y="75">
            <parameter key="repository_entry" value="//Samples/data/Iris"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="k_means" compatibility="5.0.10" expanded="true" height="76" name="Clustering" width="90" x="246" y="75"/>
          <operator activated="true" class="write_csv" compatibility="5.0.10" expanded="true" height="60" name="Write CSV" width="90" x="380" y="120">
            <parameter key="csv_file" value="cluster.csv"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="write_model" compatibility="5.0.10" expanded="true" height="60" name="Write Model" width="90" x="380" y="30">
            <parameter key="model_file" value="model.xml"/>
            <parameter key="output_type" value="XML"/>
          </operator>
          <connect from_op="Retrieve" from_port="output" to_op="Clustering" to_port="example set"/>
          <connect from_op="Clustering" from_port="cluster model" to_op="Write Model" to_port="input"/>
          <connect from_op="Clustering" from_port="clustered set" to_op="Write CSV" to_port="input"/>
          <connect from_op="Write CSV" from_port="through" to_port="result 2"/>
          <connect from_op="Write Model" from_port="through" to_port="result 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="54"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="126"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 3" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>
    Ciao Sebastian
  • Options
    i mean it this way:

instance pool at the beginning is 200

at the end ive a result with 5 clusters and each cluster contains 40 instances (hypothetically).
    Now i want an export of that data. As a Csv for example:

Cluster 0;Cluster 1;Cluster 2;Cluster3;Cluster 4
    instance#1;instance#144;instance#12;instance#11;instance#17
    instance#6;instance#111;instance#122;instance#113;instance#167
    instance#88;...

Or any other output which is written into a file that i can read from (parse)
  • Options
    SebastianLohSebastianLoh Member Posts: 99 Contributor II
    hi shaihulud,

to write any output to a file/database/... just use the Write ... operators.

The format

Cluster 0;Cluster 1;Cluster 2;Cluster3;Cluster 4
    instance#1;instance#144;instance#12;instance#11;instance#17
    instance#6;instance#111;instance#122;instance#113;instance#167
    instance#88;...

does not make much sense because the single rows got meaningless. Also the clusters could have different sizes so that Cluster 0 hat 10 rows and Cluster 1 has 100.

What you can do is to filter by the clusters and then write the result to a file (eg. csv)

I hope I could help,

Ciao Sebastian
  • Options
    ah sweet.. i was a little bit blind for the operators.

I was too much focused on the menu entries and view toolbars. Thanx for the help i will put it into good use.

Nevertheless, this method is a little bit misleading, because its not intuitive. You would expect such an export function at the result view or such. And as i can tell by a first glance, the menu does neither provide that functionality. Also the manual seems to have no information on that topic.

greez