Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

"German Book for Clusteranalysis"

shaihuludshaihulud Member Posts: 20 Contributor II
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi

does anybody know a good introduction book on clusteranalysis which has also a german version?

greez
Tagged:

Answers

• wesselwessel Member Posts: 537 Maven
    Moosbrugger, H., Frank, D. (1992). Clusteranalytische Methoden. Bern: Huber

• cherokeecherokee Member Posts: 82 Maven
    Hi @ all!

I thought post my question in this thread as it is rather similar: I'm used to classification (and regression) tasks. Right now I'd like to explore unsupervised methods. Is there a recent good overview book or article about different methods? I know I'm asking for much, but at least it needn't be in German ;-)

Best regards,
    chero
  • wesselwessel Member Posts: 537 Maven
    How would this overview look like?

There are 9001 unsupervised learning methods.

I think most of today's research is about combining unsupervised and supervised methods.

Also I think all clustering algorithms viewed from a Bayesian perspective boil down to:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expectation-maximization_algorithm
    and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_utility

I have read quite a few articles on unsupervised learning methods, but I'm unsure to which I should point you.

• cherokeecherokee Member Posts: 82 Maven
    Hi wessel,

thank you for your reply. To your question how that overview would look like: I'm searching for a "Mitchell" about unsupervised learning.

Best regards,

chero