Options

"Replace (Dictionary) operator not working"

RichyRichy Member Posts: 20 Contributor II
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi,

I'm trying to use the replace (dictionary) operator, but I cant make it works. I'm setting the type to "text" so I shouldn't have any problem (I also tried with nominal type).
My problem is it doesn't replace any value. I also tried the replace operator using regular expression to replace "-1" by "test" and it's working very well.
Would you have any idea?

Here is my code :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<process version="5.0">
 <context>
   <input/>
   <output/>
   <macros/>
 </context>
 <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.0.11" expanded="true" name="Process">
   <process expanded="true" height="425" width="822">
     <operator activated="true" class="generate_data" compatibility="5.0.11" expanded="true" height="60" name="Generate Data" width="90" x="45" y="30">
       <parameter key="number_of_attributes" value="1"/>
       <parameter key="datamanagement" value="int_array"/>
     </operator>
     <operator activated="true" class="numerical_to_polynominal" compatibility="5.0.11" expanded="true" height="76" name="Numerical to Polynominal (2)" width="90" x="179" y="30">
       <parameter key="attribute_filter_type" value="single"/>
       <parameter key="attribute" value="att1"/>
     </operator>
     <operator activated="true" class="nominal_to_text" compatibility="5.0.11" expanded="true" height="76" name="Nominal to Text" width="90" x="313" y="30"/>
     <operator activated="true" class="read_csv" compatibility="5.0.11" expanded="true" height="60" name="Read CSV" width="90" x="45" y="120">
       <parameter key="file_name" value="file:/D:/datamining/Scripts/rename.csv"/>
       <list key="data_set_meta_data_information"/>
     </operator>
     <operator activated="true" class="numerical_to_polynominal" compatibility="5.0.11" expanded="true" height="76" name="Numerical to Polynominal" width="90" x="179" y="120"/>
     <operator activated="true" class="nominal_to_text" compatibility="5.0.11" expanded="true" height="76" name="Nominal to Text (2)" width="90" x="313" y="120"/>
     <operator activated="true" class="replace_dictionary" compatibility="5.0.11" expanded="true" height="94" name="Replace (Dictionary)" width="90" x="447" y="30">
       <parameter key="attribute_filter_type" value="single"/>
       <parameter key="attribute" value="att1"/>
       <parameter key="from_attribute" value="old_value"/>
       <parameter key="to_attribute" value="new_value"/>
       <parameter key="use_regular_expressions" value="true"/>
     </operator>
     <connect from_op="Generate Data" from_port="output" to_op="Numerical to Polynominal (2)" to_port="example set input"/>
     <connect from_op="Numerical to Polynominal (2)" from_port="example set output" to_op="Nominal to Text" to_port="example set input"/>
     <connect from_op="Nominal to Text" from_port="example set output" to_op="Replace (Dictionary)" to_port="example set input"/>
     <connect from_op="Read CSV" from_port="output" to_op="Numerical to Polynominal" to_port="example set input"/>
     <connect from_op="Numerical to Polynominal" from_port="example set output" to_op="Nominal to Text (2)" to_port="example set input"/>
     <connect from_op="Nominal to Text (2)" from_port="example set output" to_op="Replace (Dictionary)" to_port="dictionary"/>
     <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
     <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
   </process>
 </operator>
</process>
And my .csv file :
old_value;new_value
-10;first
-9;first
-8;first
-7;first
-6;first
-5;first
-4;first
-3;first
-2;second
-1;second
0;second
1;second
2;second
3;second
4;second
5;third
6;third
7;third
8;third
9;third
10;third

Regards,
Richard.

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    you need to switch of treating "-1" as regular expression or you will have to escape "-".
    Just turn the parameter "use_regular_expression" off and it will work.

Greetings,
    Sebastian
  • Options
    Hi,

Thank you for the fast reply. I tried to turn the parameter "use_regular_expression" off, but it doesn't change anything.

Regards,
    Richard.
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    your process does work as you posted on the current developer version. So I guess you simply have to wait for the next update.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    Hi,

I just updated rapidminer to the new version (5.1) and it's working well.

Regards,
    Richard.