Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

remember the last folder + add examples

SquirrelXSquirrelX Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
As a new feature, it would be nice if RapidMiner remembered the last folder I was in, so I won't need to navigate from My documents to on of my project folders every time I try to open a non-repository file.

I'm not sure how others see this, but I often don't understand the documentation in 'Help', or I'm not sure about it. Even if the documentation is not extended with more detailed descriptions of options, it would be at least nice to see an example at the end of the help ("if you set it to this and that, for example, it will do this and that, but you need to be careful when using it as...". To extend this idea further, it would be nice to know that, for example, the module has some known limitations, such as Replace Missing Values doesn't seem to do anything when I try to replace those question marks for date type attributes.
The above request is a bit messy but I hope you get my point.

Thanks,
SX

Answers

• SquirrelXSquirrelX Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
    Oops, just saw the option for the last folder. But can I make that the default choice? :)
  • fischerfischer Member Posts: 439 Maven
    Hi,

1. You can make bookmarks for your folders. Anyway, why would you want to read non-repository files. You loose a lot of RapidMiner's functionality with that.

2. The operator documentation is now in the Wiki:
      http://rapid-i.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
    It is loaded from there into RapidMiner. Feel free to improve the documentation. Example processes should be posted to myExperiment using the Community Extension and linked from within the Wiki.

Cheers,
    Simon