Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

"Problems with generating Association Rules"

riddler16riddler16 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi all i´m new here and i have a question about the FP-Algorithms, Association Rules and espacially about buffering :)

My whole RM process is very simple. I read about 2000 transactions from a csv file. Then there is a preprocessing step with a nominal2binominal operator. The output goes to the fp-growth and after fp-growth to the AssociationRulesGenerator.
Everything works fine...till i choose a low support. (about 0.2).
I get the error message that i have to less memory and that i should update it or try the cached database operator. I have already tried it with more then 10GB Ram and still the same :(
My question is, if there is an chance to get these rules? Maybe by caching the results or writing into a file or something like this?
The Problem is not the fp-growth algorithm. At least i think so, because the status bar on the bottom of RM tells me after some seconds, that the fp-growth calculation is over and now the generation of the association rules beginns

Here is the xml-file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<process version="5.0">
  <context>
    <input/>
    <output/>
    <macros/>
  </context>
  <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.0.0" expanded="true" name="Root">
    <parameter key="logverbosity" value="warning"/>
    <process expanded="true" height="584" width="918">
      <operator activated="true" class="read_csv" compatibility="5.0.10" expanded="true" height="60" name="Read CSV" width="90" x="29" y="23">
        <parameter key="file_name" value="\output.csv"/>
        <parameter key="encoding" value="windows-1252"/>
        <parameter key="skip_comments" value="false"/>
        <parameter key="use_first_row_as_attribute_names" value="false"/>
        <list key="data_set_meta_data_information">
          <parameter key="0" value="attribute_0.true.1.regular"/>
          <parameter key="30" value="attribute_30.false.1.regular"/>
        </list>
        <parameter key="attribute_names_already_defined" value="true"/>
      </operator>
      <operator activated="true" class="subprocess" compatibility="5.0.0" expanded="true" height="76" name="Preprocessing" width="90" x="180" y="30">
        <process expanded="true" height="605" width="950">
          <operator activated="true" class="nominal_to_binominal" compatibility="5.0.0" expanded="true" height="94" name="Nominal2Binominal" width="90" x="497" y="30">
            <parameter key="transform_binominal" value="true"/>
          </operator>
          <connect from_port="in 1" to_op="Nominal2Binominal" to_port="example set input"/>
          <connect from_op="Nominal2Binominal" from_port="example set output" to_port="out 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_in 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_in 2" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_out 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_out 2" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
      <operator activated="true" class="fp_growth" compatibility="5.0.0" expanded="true" height="76" name="FPGrowth" width="90" x="313" y="30">
        <parameter key="find_min_number_of_itemsets" value="false"/>
        <parameter key="min_support" value="0.1"/>
      </operator>
      <operator activated="true" class="create_association_rules" compatibility="5.0.0" expanded="true" height="60" name="AssociationRuleGenerator" width="90" x="447" y="75">
        <parameter key="min_confidence" value="0.7"/>
      </operator>
      <connect from_op="Read CSV" from_port="output" to_op="Preprocessing" to_port="in 1"/>
      <connect from_op="Preprocessing" from_port="out 1" to_op="FPGrowth" to_port="example set"/>
      <connect from_op="FPGrowth" from_port="example set" to_port="result 2"/>
      <connect from_op="FPGrowth" from_port="frequent sets" to_op="AssociationRuleGenerator" to_port="item sets"/>
      <connect from_op="AssociationRuleGenerator" from_port="rules" to_port="result 1"/>
      <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="36"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 3" spacing="0"/>
    </process>
  </operator>
</process>
Thanks a lot for any ideas.

Answers

• riddler16riddler16 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Hey,

I just recognised that the problem is not the association rules generator. It is the WriteIntoFile-Operator. I just run the same configuration but without any output and it seems to work.
    So now i'm searching for any other possiblities to manage this problem because of course i need the output :)
    The problem is that i don´t know if the file size is getting to big for the OS or the filesystem have to less memory to save this file.
    Maybe somebody here has a suggestion how to deal with it?