Options

"R 2.12"

B_MinerB_Miner Member Posts: 72 Contributor II
edited May 2019 in Help
OK, I know this has been asked many times (because the R interface is a great addition, but for those of us that dont really understand JAVA and environment variables (windows), the install is painful).

I had R 2.11and RM worked great. Then I updated to R 2.12 and all hell broke loose!  :-\
I *thought* I followed the instruction when RM loaded but I get either errors about dependent libraries not being found or incompatible architecture.

Can anyone explain what needs to be set up?

I have environment variables: classpath, path, JAVA_HOME and R_HOME. What needs to be in each?

i am using 64 bit windows, R and RM.

The R.dll is under ..bin\x64
The library folder is up a few folders (where all the package libraries are at for R). I have rjava (jri.dll) downloaded and think I pointed RM to this file under 64 bit.

Anyone know how to fix?

Many thanks! Brian
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    dragoljubdragoljub Member Posts: 241 Contributor II
    In RapidMiner go to tools-->preferences-->R tab and set the path to the new location of 64bit R dll. I believe R combined their 32 and 64bit installers. I guess since RM is pretty much designed for 64bit their next update will check the 64bit folder too.

-Gagi
  • Options
    Gagi,

Thanks for the reply -I made that change (the preference tab was pointing to the jri.dll prior) but the result was the same. Something else must be screwed up.
  • Options
    Finally got it working :)
  • Options
    gusrgusr Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    Hi B_Miner

How did you sort it out? What was it you had to change in the end to get it to work?

All the best,
    gusr
  • Options
    I am using 64 bit Windows 7.

In the environment variables
    JAVA_HOME I have C:\Program Files\Java\jre6
    R_HOME I have C:\Program Files\R\R-2.12.0
    Path I have C:\Program Files\R\R-2.12.0\library
    and finally in Rapid Miner under preferences and R and have C:\Program Files\R\R-2.12.0\library\rJava\jri\x64\jri.dll
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    we are going to make the installation procedure more simpler by bundling R directly, but we have still some legal issues as well as architectural problems, because the bundling would not be platform independent...

Greetings,
      Sebastian