Options

"Request: OSX step by step to get RapidMiner and R extensions working"

drdespairdrdespair Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
edited May 2019 in Help
Hello,

Can someone please provide me with a step by step to get the R extensions working on my Macbook Pro, I have the latest OSX.

I have been trying to no avail to have it work, it ether hangs on the Initializing Plugin GUI, and in my original attempts I it would not run any of the extensions saying I should try a server or something.

Thank you!

DrD
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    OK, got somewhere..

So what I have done.

I used the Environment variable tool to setup the R_Home path, and then used the RapidMinerGUI with the RapidMiner Home path set.

It seems you need to install the tcltk package from the R website to get the whole thing working. I think the system hangs on the Plugin GUI check because of that.

I will try a few things and let you guys know.

DrD
  • Options
    Well.. it seems to be working, I am still testing using the prediction example from a Physicist in Wall Street.

One annoying thing ,Every time I start RapidMiner it tries to contact a CRAN server
  • Options
    chazzmoneychazzmoney Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
    Hi Dr despair,

Thanks for your input on this.  I too somehow got rapidminer and R talking on Mac OS X - but I can't get it to work on my other machine.  I set up the environment variables in my etc/profile.

Do you have a step by step for how you did yours?

Thanks,

-Charles
  • Options
    andkandk Member Posts: 21 Contributor II
    hi!

i am completely new with rapidminer - i try to get the r extension working since two days now and it won't work. i am nearly surrendering, it's frustrating. isn't there anybody out there who could give me a detailed stept by step guide to get it working. i have really tried every hint i have found in other threads.

R version - 2.12.2
    rapidminer 5.1
    os X 10.6.6

I really appreciate every help!!!
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,

please give a complete log of all your defined environment variables. This is usually the first step for detecting problems.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    andkandk Member Posts: 21 Contributor II
    Sebastian Land wrote:

Hi,

please give a complete log of all your defined environment variables. This is usually the first step for detecting problems.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
    hi thanks for your reply. i installed windows on my mac in the meantime and here everything works fine. merci!