Options

"Batching Rapidminer using API"

mgsujithmgsujith Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited May 2019 in Help
Hello All,

I have written a blog about batching Linear regression using Rapidminer API.

http://sujith-usefulstuff.blogspot.com/

Do you have any comments...

Answers

• Options
    steffensteffen Member Posts: 347 Maven
    Hello mgsujith

Nice idea !

Question: Why do you describe the approach for rapidminer 4.6 instead of 5.1 ? I also have a hard time completely abandoning the old lady, but we should nevertheless encourage the usage of the new version.

greetings,

steffen
  • Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

yip, this is indeed a nice blog entry. I am also surprised about how many people are still using the "old lady" 4.6 but then again I have to ask myself which version of Windows or Office I use  ;D

Thanks for your efforts,
    Ingo
  • Options
    mgsujithmgsujith Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

steffen,the reason to choose 4.6 is because of the UI which is easy is use and easy to understand.
    When using the API does versions matter?

Ingo, even though v-5.0 has many features, its UI intimidates people. And I guess many people use 4.6 as it is simple, easy to use and also includes most of data mining algorithms.
  • Options
    steffensteffen Member Posts: 347 Maven
    Hello mgsujith

1. the api has slightly changed, as far as I know
    2. I do not think that 4.6 was easy to use, I think one get so used to the tree-process-structure, that learning a new process structure (which I think is more intuitive) seems to be too complicated. By the way, it is possible to use the tree-process-structure in rapidminer5, too.

All in all 4.6 works well and I haven't migrated all my code yet, but as a power user I often stumble over subtle bugs / missing features, that rm5 was finally the only way to go :D.

consider this

a good weekend for all of you

steffen
  • Options
    wesselwessel Member Posts: 537 Maven
    Sujith wrote:

Ingo, even though v-5.0 has many features, its UI intimidates people. And I guess many people use 4.6 as it is simple, easy to use and also includes most of data mining algorithms.
    I think it is mostly what you are used to.
    I would recommend to try learn 5.x.
    I also struggled with it at first, but now that I understand it, its much easier to use.