Options

Javadoc & src jar - and depracated methods in RapidMinerFromExternal

carmitcarmit Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,
I'm totally new to RM (though not to Weka, Java etc...)
I'm developing in Eclipse.
I need to link the RM classes to sources via a jar file (i.e. not individual java files) and also to javadoc through a jar file.
Do I have to produce these jars myself? Or can they be downloaded from someplace?
Also, I'm using the file RapidMinerFromExternal as a basis for my own program. But it contains deprecated methods.
(I downloaded the newest version from the svn repository through Eclipse)
Thanks
Carmit

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Carmit,

well, this file has been out of order for some time now. In fact I wasn't even aware that it exists :)

The jar file is available together with the java doc at source-forge.net in the Project RapidMiner.

If you integrate RapidMiner please be aware that it's AGPL3 and needs your program to be licensed under AGPL3 as well.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    carmitcarmit Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    Thank you for your answer! My Eclipse project now sees both the src & the javadoc.

Could you please tell me where I could find a complete and current code sample similar to the deprecated RapidMinerFromExternal which would get me started on my code?

Thanks
    Carmit
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Carmit,
    unfortunately: No. I'm not aware that such an document exists and we don't have the time right now to write it. Sorry for that. And I stop promising that there will be a White Paper about integration because we pushed the release data since a half year now...

Greetings,
      Sebastian