Options

update model with xval

JepseJepse Member Posts: 11 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi everyone  ;)

i'm currently try to predict sentiment within text. Therefor i use k-nn witch takes a classified dataset (with label) to create a model. Then i apply the model on unclassified data.When i validate the model with xval i archive a accuracy depends between 60 and 70. Not so bad for now!

But how could i train (update) the model out of the xval mistakes?

Answers

• Options
    SebastianLohSebastianLoh Member Posts: 99 Contributor II
    Hi Jepse,
    Jepse wrote:

But how could i train (update) the model out of the xval mistakes?
    What do you mean by that? Could you clreafy this?

Ciao Sebastian
  • Options
    Let's say i usually train a model by providing a classified dataset (with label) to a learner (knn). As a result i get a model witch i can use for predicting unclassified dataset.

When i use the xval in combination with performance i get as a result the accuracy of my model. In other words, the probability of how the model works on my classified data, a self-test, right?

To calculate the performance the xval- and performance-operator probably compares the labeled with the predicted data to get the accuracy-probability. Wouldn't it be the next step to learn (update the model) out of the wrong predicted data?
  • Options
    steffensteffen Member Posts: 347 Maven
    Jumping in ...

what you describe is called "Boosting" (see wikipedia for an detailed explanation).

In Rapidminer you may find interesting
    - example process under Samples -> processes -> 10_Boosting
    - the operators under Modeling -> Classification and Regression -> Meta Modeling

greetings,

steffen
  • Options
    Hey Steffen,

that's exactly what i was looking for. Unfortunately it takes some time to create and apply the model. But the accuracy went up from 70% to 76%.

What would be the right approach to keep training the model. Do we have to classify new training set and update the model? Or do we have to correct random wrong predicted sentences and passing them to the update model operator?

Cheers Philippe
  • Options
    charlycharly Member Posts: 6 Contributor I
    Hello ,, Whats the new with update model ??