Options

WHERE ARE USEFUL EXAMPLES?

ZiggiZiggi Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
Hi!

I am new to RapidMiner. It is nice to see a bunch of tutorials but it would be even nicer to see some community sharing. A repository of commented handy RapidMiner projects useful for day-to-day operations like various sales data analysis (price and volume trends, customer preferences and factors of purchasing decision, etc.) would be extremaly helpful for niewbies as it would show how various RapidMiner operators work in practice.

So, is there any place where I may collect some practically useful RapidMiner examples ?

Thans ahead!

Answers

• Options
    haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
    Welcome to Ziggi!

Smart question, and the answer is to update RapidMiner with the Community extension ( from the help menu ), and then you'll be able to run the examples here, and learn on the job.. Way to go  8)

http://www.myexperiment.org/search?query=RapidMiner&type=workflows

PS Don't want to sound like the thought police but this is a rather genteel spot where caps are seen as shouting, just a convention here.
  • Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

thanks Haddock for the answer. Indeed the Community Extension is the right way for sharing processes with the RM community. The myExperiment portal is a great web site for this purpose and the extension neatly integrated the actual sharing directly into RapidMiner.

Simon recently has produced a video and has written a blog entry about this at

http://rapid-i.com/component/option,com_myblog/show,Video-on-RapidMiner-Community-Extension-myExperiment-.html/Itemid,172/

Hope to meet you there. Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Options
    ZiggiZiggi Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
    Thank you guys for your feedback - indeed very informative.

Sorry about capital letters - I sometimes use them in topic subjet but never in the body of the message.
    Let's call it: "a liitle polite shout for help" ;)

Best regards,
    Ziggi