Options

"Cannot read from XML stream"

cantoscantos Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi Everyone:

I'm new to datamining and RapidMiner. Trying to get my self acqainted I was hoping for some help from the automatic system construction. Alas; my actions were as follows: Tools / Automatic System Construction. Then I dragged the Iris sample onto the Main Process area . Subsequently I pressed NEXT . Only to get the following error message: Cannot read from XML stream, wrong format : RegressionModels : RegressionModels.
Any idea what could be wrong ?  I have seen similar problems mentioned .
Many Thanks,
Cantos
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    SebastianLohSebastianLoh Member Posts: 99 Contributor II
    Hi cantos,

this is a bug of the PaREn Plugin. The PaREn team is working on a solution. Since then you can simply disable the plugin under Help / Manage Extensions.

Ciao Sebastian
  • Options
    cantoscantos Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Hi Sebastian:
    Thanks for your reply. I look forward to the fix.
    Cantos
  • Options
    chanelopschanelops Member Posts: 14 Contributor II
    Hi Sebastian,

Any updates on the status of this fix?  It looks like PaREn could be very useful, but I can't get it to work now, because of the error described above.

Is there any workaround available?

Thanks.
  • Options
    Would loading an earlier version of RapidMiner help, like 5.0? 

If so, where can I find that?

Thanks.
  • Options
    Apparently this help forum is a self-help forum.  :)

So, in that light, I have now determined that the problem with the PaREn plugin apparently started with v 5.1 of RapidMiner, as it works fine with v5.0, which I have now installed.

I hope someone may find this info useful. 

By the way, the old versions can be downloaded from the same Rapid-i page where the current downloads are located.  (duh!)
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    sorry for the delay, we are currently very, very busy. For example with the new Updates that will arrive today and fix this problem :)

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    Sebastian,

Thanks for the reply (and the good news).

I think anyone (like me) that is getting this great software free and not paying for support has to cut you guys a lot of slack.  It's kind of a fine line to walk, between asking genuine questions when you're stumped (and have exhausted other resources), and on the other hand being too lazy to find the answer yourself.

I will try to make some contributions to this board as I go along, as I did (in a *very* minor way) up above.  Of course, as a newbie, that is hard to do, but hopefully I won't be a newbie forever.  :)
  • Options
    Hi Sebastian,

I just installed all the new releases that came out today.  I can see you guys have been very busy indeed!

I did notice that there was NOT an updated release for PaREn, which is still showing release 5.0.1, which surprised me.

I went ahead and tried to run PaREn anyhow, hoping that maybe the changes in the new RM release would fix this problem.  However, I still get exactly the same error as the original poster described at the start of this thread, which was disappointing.

Is there an updated version of PaREn coming along separately later today, or is it possible I'm doing something wrong? 

I apologize if I'm overly eager about this... please feel free to tell me to shut up and be patient!  On the other hand, I did want to alert you and let you know the problem apparently is still there, in case you thought it was fixed with today's releases. (so far)

• Options
    Just saw the new PaREn exension was available... I have downloaded it and it is running now.

Many thanks!
  • Options
    JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    Thanks for letting me know chanelops, I've been looking forward to this update. 
    Installing it now. 
    :)
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    have fun!

Greetings,
    Sebastian