#                    #
##-------Line 1------##
#                    #
##-------Line 2------##
#                    #
#    ...            #
#                    #
#######################

Is it possible to execute process in a "line by line" manner (i.e. port by port)?

Currently I call:
getSubprocess(0).execute();
I would like to save processing time and execute next "lines" only if the previous lines go well (something like AdaBoost).

The only possible way I know is to terminate the execution by throwing an exception in the inner operator. I am afraid that capturing exceptions can be much slower.

Thanks for any help.
radone
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    fischerfischer Member Posts: 439 Maven
    Hi,

it seems like your "lines" are independent. Can't you make multiple subprocess and put a "line" into each?

Best,
    Simon
  • Options
    radoneradone RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 74 Guru
    The problem is, I expect the number of subprocesses would be approx. 40 (and might be even more).
    In case of subprocesses it should work, however the GUI interface will be quite .
    If the same would be possible in line by line approach it would be much better.
  • Options
    Hi,

just to make sure we are talking about the same thing: These 40 subprocess you are expecting, are all different, so the user has to do a lot of process design work anyway, right?

Best,
    Simon
  • Options
    radoneradone RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 74 Guru
    I expect these processes will be designed by genetic programming*, therefore it wont be much time.

* I hope I will find some time to to contribute to RCOMM this year and present our work.

radone
  • Options
    Hi,

that sounds cool! But if the process is designed by GP, it should not be a big problem that it clutters up the design perspective - after all the user will not really look at it, so you can go with 40 subprocesses. That sounds like the most reasonable idea to me.

Best,
    Simon