Options

"HELP! How do I import data files on a Mac?"

bmb0002bmb0002 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited May 2019 in Help
I have RapidMIner downloaded on my MacBook, but I am having trouble importing data. I am trying to import data files from Dropbox and I have moved them to a separate folder on my desktop.  I go through the process by starting with clicking on import CSV file and I can get the file to load and go through all the steps and at the end a box comes up that says importing data, but then it goes away and the file never shows up in the side bar. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    the imported data should be placed in the repository location you chose in the wizard. Try refreshing the repository view in the context menu.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    bmb0002bmb0002 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your help, but I'm still having problems. After the "loading data" box comes up and goes away I get a message at the bottom under the log box that reads "SEVERE: Cannot execute 'loading data.'

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks again!
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    actually not with the current information. You might have configured the wizard in the wrong way or might have errors in your data. Its impossible to say...

Greetings,
      Sebastian