Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

"Problems with the linear Regression"

MatthiasMatthias Member Posts: 13 Contributor II
edited May 2019 in Help
Hello,

this post refers to the Bug 497  I've send Friday. There I wrote that there ist a problem with the X- and split validation. Now a little upgrate: The validation operators are not the wrongdoer. The error occurs as well when I only use the linear regression operator and choose less than two attributes with the select attribute operator. When I generate two regular attributes with the generate data operator everything works fine?

<process version="5.1.002">
  <context>
    <input/>
    <output/>
    <macros/>
  </context>
  <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.1.002" expanded="true" name="Process">
    <process expanded="true" height="538" width="614">
      <operator activated="true" class="generate_data" compatibility="5.1.002" expanded="true" height="60" name="Generate Data" width="90" x="45" y="210"/>
      <operator activated="true" class="select_attributes" compatibility="5.1.002" expanded="true" height="76" name="Select Attributes (2)" width="90" x="179" y="300">
        <parameter key="attribute_filter_type" value="subset"/>
        <parameter key="attributes" value="att1|att2"/>
      </operator>
      <operator activated="true" class="linear_regression" compatibility="5.1.002" expanded="true" height="94" name="Linear Regression (2)" width="90" x="313" y="255"/>
      <connect from_op="Generate Data" from_port="output" to_op="Select Attributes (2)" to_port="example set input"/>
      <connect from_op="Select Attributes (2)" from_port="example set output" to_op="Linear Regression (2)" to_port="training set"/>
      <connect from_op="Linear Regression (2)" from_port="model" to_port="result 1"/>
      <connect from_op="Linear Regression (2)" from_port="exampleSet" to_port="result 2"/>
      <connect from_op="Linear Regression (2)" from_port="weights" to_port="result 3"/>
      <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 3" spacing="0"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 4" spacing="0"/>
    </process>
  </operator>
</process>

Because of this problem I can't use the forward selection operator too.

Best wishes

Matthias
Tagged:

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi all,
    this was a small bug in the LinearRegression that could happen if no feature was de-selected when using the internal feature selection. Another problem was the XValidation that by default threw an error if stratified sampling was chosen without a nominal label attribute present.

The newly released version fixes both issues. (Again someone was quite happy to be an enterprise customer :) Sometimes this make things go faster...)

Greetings,
    Sebastian