Options

"different but same, R problems"

cidielcidiel Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
edited May 2019 in Help
been working on getting R-extension to work with Rapid miner for some time now and still no luck getting it working together..each time a different problem no less.....

Path - C:\Program Files\R\R-2.12.1\bin\i386;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\

JAVA_HOME - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\

R_HOME - C:\Program Files\R\R-2.12.1\bin\i386

walk through installation page, point to correct folder in rJava/jri.dll file as per instructions.

The NEW problem now is that i get half way through boot up of rapid miner and it just fails, running in cmd mode. you can see where it fails below.. if i delete the rmx_r-5.1.2 extension in the managed extensions folder in documents and settings i can finally restart rapid miner, no R.. but at least it will boot up again...

any ideas?

2011-03-07 08:18:44 CONFIG: Loading repositories from C:\Documents and Settings\
%user%\.RapidMiner5\repositories.xml (RepositoryManager.load())
2011-03-07 08:18:44 CONFIG: Adding repository NewLocalRepository (RepositoryMana
ger.addRepository())
2011-03-07 08:18:44 CONFIG: Loading renderers from 'file:/C:/Program%20Files/Rap
id-I/RapidMiner5/lib/rapidminer.jar!/com/rapidminer/resources/ioobjects.xml'. (R
endererService.init())
2011-03-07 08:18:44 CONFIG: Loading renderers from 'ioobjects.xml'. (RendererSer
vice.init())
2011-03-07 08:18:46 CONFIG: Loading perspectives. (ApplicationPerspectives.loadA
ll())
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    I would like to investigate further into this matter to avoid this in future releases. But currently we lack a little bit of the capacity to do so. If you find something, please post it here. As soon as we will continue developing this extension, I will collect all information here and try to include it into the planning.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    B_B_ Member Posts: 70 Maven
    I had some issues too on a recent setup

Try this for R_HOME

R_HOME - C:\Program Files\R\R-2.12.1 and leave the path pointing to the \bin directories.