Options

W-RBFNetwork model

bondtntbondtnt Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Dear all,

I need to extract built RBF model (I need RBF neurons-clusters centers across all input dimensions) this info is not present in model output print in results section.

I've tried
  • Analyze model output in results section - it does not holds RBF units centers
  • To write model into separate file, but seems it is written in binary format thus I can't analyze visually
  • I've tried to start Rapidminer in embedded mode, but seems something is wrong as I'm able to start it only in debug mode, otherwise I'm getting exception (java.lang.AbstractMethodError). In debug mode I'm able to traverse all initialization routines and return back into my method which called RapidMiner.init(); By the way in my case I'm trying to setup headless mode with RapidMiner.setExecutionMode(RapidMiner.ExecutionMode.EMBEDDED_WITHOUT_UI);, but seems it does not work at all.
Probably will further debug RapidMiner, but is there exists simpler way to see innerings of the trained model? In case it is only possible to do in DEBUG mode, maybe somebody can point me to the docs/tutorials on how to propperly run RapidMiner in embedded mode without UI and run saved process?

Best regards, and already thanks for your replies.

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    the debug problem certainly comes from a changed source code but using an old jar file. Please use the Ant Task createJar to rebuild the jar files.

If you explain what exactly "RBF neurons-clusters centers" are, I would like to help you. I guess that at least the number of "s" doesn't make much sense :)

To write the model in an XML format, use the "write" operator and select XML as format.

Greetings,
     Sebastian

PS: I hope that you are aware that you need to publish your program that includes RapidMiner under the AGPL3.
  • Options
    Dear Sebastian,

First of all thank you for your reply!

I've downloaded RapidMiner_Vega, launched ANT with target BUILD-JAR -> lanucher.jar and rapidminer.jar were created.
    Afterwards I've included both jar's into my project (I'm using eclipse if this matters) and tried to launch RapidMiner.init().

Program logs several last steps:
    2011-03-15 08:35:17 CONFIG: Loading operators from 'OperatorsCore.xml'. (OperatorService.registerOperators())
    2011-03-15 08:38:37 CONFIG: Loading operator documentation from jar:file:/home/username/works/projects-documents/username/it/rp/workspace/RapidMiner_Vega/lib/rapidminer.jar!/com/rapidminer/resources/i18n/OperatorsCoreDocumentation.xml. (OperatorDocBundle$XMLControl.newBundle())

I'm getting exception 
    java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name com/rapidminer/resources/i18n/OperatorsCoreDocumentation, locale en_US
    which is caught on OperatorService.java:234 which is logged as

2011-03-15 08:47:11 SEVERE: Cannot read operator description file 'OperatorsCore.xml': no valid XML: Can't find bundle for base name com/rapidminer/resources/i18n/OperatorsCoreDocumentation, locale en_US (OperatorService.registerOperators())
      java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name com/rapidminer/resources/i18n/OperatorsCoreDocumentation, locale en_US
          java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:1427)
          java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:1250)
          java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:1174)
          com.rapidminer.tools.documentation.OperatorDocBundle.load(OperatorDocBundle.java:212)
          com.rapidminer.tools.OperatorService.parseOperators(OperatorService.java:252)

Of course file is present there (in rapidminer.jar) in appropriate directory: com/rapidminer/resources/i18n/OperatorsCoreDocumentation.xml

I'm little bit confused :| can it be that ResourceBundle can't read file due to rather long file path? I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 if this matters.

Any ideas on what can prevent needed xml loading?

As well thanks for pointing to AGPL license :) actually this is just an utility program it's outputs will be fed into MATLAB where I have my main routines already in place. Should I made it publicly available?

Regarding 3xs :)  and neuron centers - each neuron in RBF neural network has center, peak and width. Basically in 2 dimensional case center will be defined by pair (x,y),  all input vectors in the radius defined by width will belong to 'cluster' defined by our RBF neuron. Width can be variable along different dimensions, so our 2D case neuron will be defining it's cluster with ellipse instead of circle. I'm working on rules extraction (IF - THEN form) from RBF neural networks thus I need these centers and widths for my MATLAB rules extraction routine.

Best regards, and hope to hear some suggestions on my problem.

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,

regarding the licensing issue: of course I'm always a friend of making things publicly available, but you are only obliged to make it available to all users. If this is only you...

Back to the difficult things:
    Did you include all libraries of RapidMiner, too? If yes, could you please post the complete log? Don't know whats going wrong at all...

Greetings,
    Sebastian
  • Options
    Dear Sebastian,

Here is console output:

2011-03-18 00:10:28 CONFIG: Locale not specified explicitly. Set default locale to US. (RapidMiner.init())
    2011-03-18 00:10:29 CONFIG: Initializing I18N (RapidMiner.splashMessage())
    2011-03-18 00:10:29 CONFIG: Ensuring RapidMiner Home is set (RapidMiner.splashMessage())
    2011-03-18 00:10:29 INFO: Property rapidminer.home is not set. Guessing. (Launcher.ensureRapidMinerHomeSet())
    2011-03-18 00:10:29 INFO: Trying parent directory of '/home/user/works/projects-documents/user/it/rp/workspace/RapidMiner_Vega/lib/rapidminer.jar'...gotcha! (Launcher.ensureRapidMinerHomeSet())
    2011-03-18 00:10:29 INFO: Trying parent directory of '/home/user/works/projects-documents/user/it/rp/workspace/RapidMiner_Vega/lib/launcher.jar'...gotcha! (Launcher.ensureRapidMinerHomeSet())
    2011-03-18 00:10:29 CONFIG: Reading Configuration Files (RapidMiner.splashMessage())
    2011-03-18 00:10:29 CONFIG: Reading configuration resource com/rapidminer/resources/rapidminerrc. (ParameterService.loadAllRCFiles())
    2011-03-18 00:10:29 CONFIG: Neither system property 'rapidminer.config.dir' nor environment variable 'RAPIDMINER_CONFIG_DIR' not set. Ignored. (ParameterService.getGlobalConfigDir())
    2011-03-18 00:10:29 CONFIG: Trying rcfile '/home/user/.RapidMiner5/5_1_003_rapidminerrc'...skipped (ParameterService.loadRCFile())
    2011-03-18 00:10:29 CONFIG: Read rcfile '/home/user/.RapidMiner5/5_1_003_rapidminerrc.Linux'. (ParameterService.loadRCFile())
    2011-03-18 00:10:29 CONFIG: Trying rcfile '/home/user/works/projects-documents/user/it/rp/workspace/rules-rbf1/rapidminerrc'...skipped (ParameterService.loadRCFile())
    2011-03-18 00:10:29 CONFIG: Trying rcfile '/home/user/works/projects-documents/user/it/rp/workspace/rules-rbf1/rapidminerrc.Linux'...skipped (ParameterService.loadRCFile())
    2011-03-18 00:10:29 CONFIG: Property rapidminer.rc file not specified...skipped (ParameterService.loadAllRCFiles())
    2011-03-18 00:10:29 CONFIG: Registering Plugins (RapidMiner.splashMessage())
    2011-03-18 00:10:29 CONFIG: Scanning plugins in /home/user/works/projects-documents/user/it/rp/workspace/RapidMiner_Vega/lib/plugins. (Plugin.findAndRegisterPlugins())
    2011-03-18 00:10:29 CONFIG: Initializing Operators (RapidMiner.splashMessage())
    2011-03-18 00:10:29 CONFIG: Loading operators from 'OperatorsCore.xml'. (OperatorService.registerOperators())
    2011-03-18 00:10:29 CONFIG: Loading operator documentation from jar:file:/home/user/works/projects-documents/user/it/rp/workspace/RapidMiner_Vega/lib/rapidminer.jar!/com/rapidminer/resources/i18n/OperatorsCoreDocumentation.xml. (OperatorDocBundle$XMLControl.newBundle())
    2011-03-18 00:10:30 SEVERE: Cannot read operator description file 'OperatorsCore.xml': no valid XML: Can't find bundle for base name com/rapidminer/resources/i18n/OperatorsCoreDocumentation, locale en_US (OperatorService.registerOperators())
          java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:1427)
          java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:1250)
          com.rapidminer.tools.documentation.OperatorDocBundle.load(OperatorDocBundle.java:212)
          com.rapidminer.tools.OperatorService.registerOperators(OperatorService.java:229)
          com.rapidminer.tools.OperatorService.registerOperators(OperatorService.java:203)
          com.rapidminer.tools.OperatorService.init(OperatorService.java:149)
          com.rapidminer.RapidMiner.init(RapidMiner.java:460)
          info.bondtnt.phd.rbf.RMiner_RBF.run(RMiner_RBF.java:18)
          info.bondtnt.phd.rbf.RMiner_RBF.main(RMiner_RBF.java:12)
    Caused by:
      java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org.apache.crimson.tree.ElementNode.getTextContent()Ljava/lang/String;
          com.rapidminer.io.process.XMLTools.getTagContents(XMLTools.java:265)
          com.rapidminer.io.process.XMLTools.getTagContents(XMLTools.java:246)
          com.rapidminer.tools.documentation.OperatorDocumentation.<init>(OperatorDocumentation.java:69)
          com.rapidminer.tools.documentation.OperatorDocBundle.<init>(OperatorDocBundle.java:148)
          com.rapidminer.tools.documentation.OperatorDocBundle$XMLControl.newBundle(OperatorDocBundle.java:106)
          java.util.ResourceBundle.loadBundle(ResourceBundle.java:1364)
          java.util.ResourceBundle.findBundle(ResourceBundle.java:1328)
          java.util.ResourceBundle.findBundle(ResourceBundle.java:1282)
          java.util.ResourceBundle.findBundle(ResourceBundle.java:1282)
          java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:1224)
          com.rapidminer.tools.OperatorService.registerOperators(OperatorService.java:229)
          com.rapidminer.tools.OperatorService.registerOperators(OperatorService.java:203)
          com.rapidminer.tools.OperatorService.init(OperatorService.java:149)
          com.rapidminer.RapidMiner.init(RapidMiner.java:460)
          info.bondtnt.phd.rbf.RMiner_RBF.run(RMiner_RBF.java:18)
          info.bondtnt.phd.rbf.RMiner_RBF.main(RMiner_RBF.java:12)
    2011-03-18 00:10:30 CONFIG: Number of registered operator classes: 0; number of registered operator descriptions: 0; number of replacements: 0 (OperatorService.init())
    2011-03-18 00:10:30 CONFIG: Loading operator usage statistics. (UsageStatistics.load())
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org.apache.crimson.tree.ElementNode.getTextContent()Ljava/lang/String;
    at com.rapidminer.io.process.XMLTools.getTagContents(XMLTools.java:265)
    at com.rapidminer.io.process.XMLTools.getTagContents(XMLTools.java:246)
    at com.rapidminer.tools.usagestats.OperatorUsageStatistics.parse(OperatorUsageStatistics.java:45)
    at com.rapidminer.tools.usagestats.UsageStatistics.load(UsageStatistics.java:174)
    at com.rapidminer.tools.usagestats.UsageStatistics.<init>(UsageStatistics.java:125)
    at com.rapidminer.tools.usagestats.UsageStatistics.<clinit>(UsageStatistics.java:111)
    at com.rapidminer.RapidMiner.init(RapidMiner.java:462)
    at info.bondtnt.phd.rbf.RMiner_RBF.run(RMiner_RBF.java:18)
    at info.bondtnt.phd.rbf.RMiner_RBF.main(RMiner_RBF.java:12)

And yes - I;ve included all files fomr lib folder of RapidMiner project into my project.

Best regards,
  • Options
    Hi,
    sorry for the inconvenience, but there's small problem inside the properties handling of RapidMiner that causes a change in program working directory so that it isn't able to find the resources.
    You can fix that by either waiting a few days until we have finished testing of the bugfix (it's very complicated...), or checkout an earlier version. I think it was introduced during the last month.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    Hi Sebastian,

Sure it's Ok to wait for me. How bug fix will be introduced: new version (if so - what is the number) or as an update (version? )?

Best regards and thank you for identifying problem
    Andrey
  • Options
    Hi,
    the update will arrive next week with the 5.1.005 version I think.

Greetings,
    Sebastian