Options

"Automatic System Construction Error"

tobybtobyb Member Posts: 11 Contributor II
edited May 2019 in Help
I am running Rapid Miner 5.1 on Windows XP.  I have the latest version of the PaREn operator.  I can load the iris dataset.  On Step 3 when I select the classifier I want to load, I proceed to click Next and I get the following error, No operator description object for 'com.rapidminer.operator.validation.ParallelXValidation'.  This is a fatal error.  When i click okay the process stops.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    do you have installed the Parallel Processing Extension?

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    bmd123bmd123 Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    I have the same problem. I am running the latest version on Windows Vista with the parallel extension installed.
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    yes as far as I know the Paren Extension does not specifiy it depends on the parallel extension. This might cause class loader issues if the loading order wrong.
    I will try dealing with that...

Greetings,
    Sebastian
  • Options
    bmd123bmd123 Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    Thanks. Let me know if I can help you with testing any fix.
  • Options
    Hi,
    I have managed to trace down the problem: The Paren Extension includes RapidMiner operators in it's own jar and hence the class loader fails to create the correct operators. I will talk back to DFKI to solve this issue.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    maroonmaroon Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    I am experiencing the same problem. Is this problem reported on the MAC or LINUX as well?
  • Options
    maroonmaroon Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    YES same error on the MAC as well.
  • Options
    pathrospathros Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
    I have the same problem on computers running under Windows XP SP3.

With Rapidminer 5.0 and its respective updates (Paren, Weka...) Paren was working well, even with the text mining extension.
    From Rapidminer 5.1 the problems with Paren started: it could no longer load the data, especially when the text mining extension was also installed.
    So, what i did was to install only Rapidminer 5.0 with all the updates available (except text mining extension) and Paren worked just fine. Now that i needed the text mining extension, the 5.1.4 version was released and i updated it.
    It looked like Paren and Text mining finally worked well together,
    However, the problem is still there:
    Paren loads the data just fine, but when you click on evaluate (the classifier(s)), there's an error immediately saying: No operator description object given for '.com.rapidminer.operator.validation.parallelXvalidation'.

How can i get Paren to work well again?
    any ideas?

PS. it has nothing to do with the parallel extension since it's automatically installed when installing the ParEn extension.
  • Options
    psppsp Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    Same problem here!!
  • Options
    psppsp Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    Hi Sebastian

Any reply from DFKI?

Regards
    Peter
  • Options
    Hi,
    yes we have found the error. We will publish the update as early as possible.

Greetings,
    Sebastian
  • Options
    knightsyknightsy Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Hi Sebastian,

Any progress on this?
  • Options
    Hi,
    is already on the update server.

Greetings,
      Sebastian