Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Calculate TFIDF

barthosbarthos Member Posts: 20 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello,
I would like to calculate the TF-IDF of words in different documents, in order to determine the words that are the most significant for each document.
I use the create document block for each new document and I add an attribute (a name) to each document. I then use a "documents to data" operator to generate an example set. Then I use a "process document from data" operator to compute the TF-IDF (which I selected on the parameter board).
The problem is that I don't get TF-IDF but only the number of occurences of the words and the number of documents in which they appear. Moreover, I don't see anymore the label of the document, so I am not able to distinguish the different documents.
Can somebody help me?
Thanks a lot,
Barthélémy

Answers

• colocolo Member Posts: 236 Maven
    Hi Barthélémy,

it sounds like you are only looking at the wordlist output (where the word occurences are shown). But also take a look at the example set output of the "Process Documents" operator. There you will see TF-IDF values and also the document's label.

Instead of chaining "Documents to Data" and "Process Documents from Data" you can use the single operator "Process Documents" instead.

Best regards
    Matthias
  • barthosbarthos Member Posts: 20 Contributor II
    Thanks Matthias !
    Barth