Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

DataGenerator Criteria for target function

gustavo_baldanigustavo_baldani Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi everybody!!

I´m new in Datamaning and in RapidMiner too. xD

I want to know where can i see which criteria is taken to calculate the target funcion: simple polynomial classification in the DataGenerator operator.

Any help?

Thks!

Answers

• awchisholmawchisholm RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 458 Unicorn
    Hello,

I had the same question and decided to look at the code to get the answer. To save you some time, you could look here

http://rapidminernotes.blogspot.com/2009/11/examplesetgenerator-parameters.html

regards

Andrew
  • gustavo_baldanigustavo_baldani Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Andrew,

thks for replying.

I have seen that post, and it was very usefull. But...  Help me a little....

simple polynomial classification: label = "positive" if att1^4 > 100 otherwise "negative"

2 points:

- Its always that condition? I couldn´t find a relatsionship between my values and that binomial label (In my run).
    - Where can i see that criteria "Here is a list (taken from the source code) " ? In wich part have you seen that?

Sorry for this basic question.

I have been working in BI the last 6 years, bue i´m new in DM and in RapidMiner.

I really like it.

Thks again.
  • awchisholmawchisholm RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 458 Unicorn
    Hello

Royal wedding here - not invited but mildly drunk anyway

I found this file
    C:\Program Files\Rapid-I\RapidMiner5\src\com\rapidminer\operator\generator\SimplePolynomialClassificationFunction.java
    and this code

public class SimplePolynomialClassificationFunction extends ClassificationFunction {

public double calculate(double[] att) throws FunctionException {
    if (att.length < 1)
    throw new FunctionException("Simple polynomial classification function", "needs at least one attribute!");
    if ((att[0] * att[0] * att[0] * att[0]) > 100)
    return getLabel().getMapping().mapString("positive");
    else
    return getLabel().getMapping().mapString("negative");
    }
    }
    cheers!

Andrew
  • gustavo_baldanigustavo_baldani Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Now yes!!

Thks a lot Andrew!

Best regards.