Options

"ReadDatabase Operator - SQL Exception"

breidinhobreidinho Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi,
I'm facing a problem the whole day but I can't solve it.
Hopefully somebody can help me.

What I want to do is really simple, just read a mysql-table in rapidminer using the Read Database Operator.
Parameter:
- MySQL 5.3.5, localhost, root-user, no password -> connection-test works fine!
- the table has about 8500000 example sets, but I think that has nothing to do with the problem?!
- define query = 'table name', table name = 'user', datamanagement = 'double_array'
That's all! Now when I run the process the following exception appears:
"Database error occurred: No database selected
The JDBC driver has thrown an SQLException. This may because of a lack of privilges, wrong table name or url and similar problems."
I'm not an expert at databases. The exception message doesn't help me because the database is selected and the connection test works fine...

It would be great if somebody can help me because at this point I can't help myself.

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Rainer
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

well to be honest, this is quite strange. Some programs only accept something like SELECT * FROM `db_name`.`table_name`, while others accept something like SELECT * FROM table_name..

Anyways, there seems to be a bug in RapidMiner here, so for the time being I suggest you change the parameter "define query" from table_name to query. Then you can specify your own SQL query, in your case probably SELECT * FROM db_name.table_name (you need to replace db_name and table_name with the appropriate values for you).

Regards,
    Marco