Options

Problems with saving

tk1234tk1234 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello everybody!
I started the rapid miner today for the first time. Every time I tried to save sth there appears the warning: "cannot save process", "access is not allowed".
Can anybody help me?
Thanks a lot!

Answers

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

well, what are you trying to save? And where? Maybe the manual is helping here...

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Options
    tk1234tk1234 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Hi,

it doesn't work to save the local repositorys and the streams I am creating. They appear in the left side under "repositories" when I am working in the program. But then I close it and the next time when I open it my created folders have disappeared and instead there are folders like "jre", "lib", "licenses", "resources", "scripts", "src", "src_generated", "src_launcher" and "src_test".
  • Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

it seems to be that you have messed up your repository with your RapidMiner installation directory. The best practice is to create a fresh and clean directory and use this one. This directory should be located in your home directory or at some other place where you have the necessary access rights. The directory "Programs" is not recommended in general. I think exactly things like that are well covered in the manual so you should really give it a try  ;)

The best option now is probably to remove your repository (delete it) and creating a new one following the instructions above.

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

it sounds like you don't have the privileges to save data to your filesystem. What is the exact repository location you specified? What's your OS? If you're using windows, you should avoid using the programs folder, it needs admin privileges to create files in it.

Edit: Ingo beat me to it ;)

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    Hi,

Edit: Ingo beat me to it
    I am out now anyway so have fun  ;D

Cheers,
    Ingo