Options

Create operator chain model from RM file

FireholderFireholder Member Posts: 26 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
I want to let user upload any types of RM conf files into my app, so that I can read them and get the operators as well as parameters of each operator and let the user change the parameters.To my knowledge it would be better to create some class or data structure containing all the operator names and parameters.I know this sound very vague but it's a task I have to crack down.))
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

why exactly do you want to replicate RapidMiner functionality? There are well over 500 operators with up to a dozen or so parameters, sometimes depending on each other and often depending on the process/metadata. Just saying...

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    Marco,
    could you help with, I want to found out in what structure does the process reads a file. I mean how can I know what are the operators inside the file and what are the parameters they hold?

regards,Fire
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

you can use the following:
    process.getAllOperators()
    to retrieve all operators in a process
    operator.getParameters()
    to access the parameter values
    operator.getParameterTypes()
    to access the parameters themself (type, possible values, default value, ...)

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    Hi Marco,
    Thank you for your reply.
    I would like to know how to differentiate between parametertypes, for instance, I have several operators, each of them has it's own parameters and parametertypes as well. Parametertype might either be optional,when you can enter whatever value,or let's say mandatory,like those which you have to select from a combobox in GUI mode.
    For example, logverbosity can be either status or init or all and so on.
    Hope you've got what I mean.
    Best regards, FIre
  • Options
    Hi,

I'm not sure what you want. On your ParameterType object you can check the available methods, they will tell you everything you need to know, like getConditions(), getDefaultValue(), getDependencyConditions(), ...
    If you need the actual value for the parameter in the process, you can call getParameter("name"); (or any other of its getParameterXYZ("name"); methods) on the operator object.
    To see what parameter types there are, you can check out the type hierarchy of the class ParameterType in Eclipse.

Regards,
    Marco