Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Covariance Process Problems

swimguy112swimguy112 Member Posts: 1 Learner III
edited November 2018 in Help
I have been having problems with the covariance operator and I was hoping that someone might be able to help.

Here is an XML readout of what I am attempting to do:

<process version="5.1.006">
  <context>
    <input/>
    <output/>
    <macros/>
  </context>
  <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.1.006" expanded="true" name="Process">
    <process expanded="true" height="555" width="565">
      <operator activated="true" breakpoints="after" class="generate_data" compatibility="5.1.006" expanded="true" height="60" name="Generate Data" width="90" x="112" y="75"/>
      <operator activated="true" breakpoints="after" class="covariance_matrix" compatibility="5.1.006" expanded="true" height="76" name="Covariance Matrix" width="90" x="292" y="71"/>
      <connect from_op="Generate Data" from_port="output" to_op="Covariance Matrix" to_port="example set"/>
      <connect from_op="Covariance Matrix" from_port="covariance" to_port="result 1"/>
      <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
    </process>
  </operator>
</process>

Before the process can finish I continually get a error message reading:

Process failed

The setup does not seem to contain any obvious errors, but you should check the log messages or activate the debug mode in the setting dialog in order to get more information about this problem.

Here is a readout of what the log file says:

Jun 22, 2011 7:25:24 PM INFO: Generate Data: Breakpoint reached.
Jun 22, 2011 7:25:33 PM SEVERE: Process failed: operator cannot be executed (6). Check the log messages...
Jun 22, 2011 7:25:33 PM SEVERE: Here:          Process[1] (Process)
          subprocess 'Main Process'
            +- Generate Data[1] (Generate Data)
      ==>  +- Covariance Matrix[1] (Covariance Matrix)
Jun 22, 2011 7:25:33 PM SEVERE: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 6

I'm familiar with out of bound errors but I do not know how to correct them in rapidminer. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,996 RM Engineering
    Hi,

thanks for the report, the bug has been fixed :)
    Your process should work after the next release.

Regards,
    Marco