Meta data does not appear correct

nodotnodot Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Dear all,
I recently encounted a problem with the meta data after I upgraded to the latest version 5.1.008. I also updated to the latest java version. The environment is a WinXP 32bit system.
In my minimum example - see below - the aggregate operator generates a new attribute count(att1).
However, I am not able to select it in the drop down list in the rename operator afterwards.

Further, when moving the mouse over the input/ouput ports rapidminer gives me confusing information
on the meta data. I see a wrong number of attributes and the attribute just generated by the aggregate operator does not appear.

I remember, in the version I previously used, it worked fine. Now my processes generate a lot of warnings, that attributes are not there. However, they run through displaying the warning triangle sign. I played with the compatibility switch of the aggregate operator, but I couldn't notice any difference.

Does someone else experience this problem? Help would be very appreciated. :-)

Best regards,
Christian

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<process version="5.1.008">
  <context>
    <input/>
    <output/>
    <macros/>
  </context>
  <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.1.008" expanded="true" name="Process">
    <process expanded="true" height="802" width="614">
      <operator activated="true" class="generate_nominal_data" compatibility="5.1.008" expanded="true" height="60" name="Generate Nominal Data" width="90" x="45" y="30"/>
      <operator activated="true" class="aggregate" compatibility="5.1.008" expanded="true" height="76" name="Aggregate" width="90" x="179" y="30">
        <list key="aggregation_attributes">
          <parameter key="att1" value="count"/>
        </list>
        <parameter key="group_by_attributes" value="|att1"/>
        <parameter key="only_distinct" value="true"/>
      </operator>
      <operator activated="true" class="multiply" compatibility="5.1.008" expanded="true" height="94" name="Multiply" width="90" x="313" y="30"/>
      <operator activated="true" class="rename" compatibility="5.1.008" expanded="true" height="76" name="Rename" width="90" x="447" y="30">
        <parameter key="old_name" value="att1"/>
        <parameter key="new_name" value="asd"/>
        <list key="rename_additional_attributes"/>
      </operator>
      <connect from_op="Generate Nominal Data" from_port="output" to_op="Aggregate" to_port="example set input"/>
      <connect from_op="Aggregate" from_port="example set output" to_op="Multiply" to_port="input"/>
      <connect from_op="Multiply" from_port="output 1" to_op="Rename" to_port="example set input"/>
      <connect from_op="Multiply" from_port="output 2" to_port="result 2"/>
      <connect from_op="Rename" from_port="example set output" to_port="result 1"/>
      <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 3" spacing="0"/>
    </process>
  </operator>
</process>

Answers

• homburghomburg Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 114 RM Data Scientist
    Hi Christian.

The problem you described occurs due to a bug in the operator's meta data code when used with numeric values. In the current release the aggregate operator was completely redesigned to fit high performance needs. We will very soon provide a new release which will contain a revised version of the operator to ensure that all processes containing the aggregate function will again work as expected.

Best regards,
       Helge
  • homburghomburg Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 114 RM Data Scientist
    To all users who experienced  problems with the new aggregate operator in RapidMiner version 5.1.008:
    There is a new Release available which will solve this problem. You may download it directly from our website or simply use the update functionality of your existing RapidMiner installation.

Cheers,
        Helge