Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Image processing

bkrugerbkruger Member Posts: 17 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi there,

Can anyone please direct me to tutorials/material/docco on the image processing extension?

Cheers
BK

Answers

• StaryVenaStaryVena Member Posts: 126 Contributor II
    Hi,
    official homepage of extension developers is http://spl.utko.feec.vutbr.cz/en. But work on documentation and tutorials is still in progress. If you have some questions, you can write it here or if you need profi support, contact developers.

Regards
    Vaclav
  • gutompfgutompf Member Posts: 21 Contributor II
    Hi, Vaclav,
    I know nothing about image data mining, but I would like to know your opinion - is image mining extension suitable for some analysis of the aerial photos - e.g. identification of the land use, maybe also other things...?
    Hi,
    I don't know, how images looks like and what you want to detect. For example you want detect water, filed and urban, than I think, it is suitable. For more difficult or special task will maybe be needed new feature extraction operators...

There are few general steps which you must walk through:

1) preprocessing - histogram normalize, resize, denoising etc.
    2) create mask - manually select regions which you want to detect
    3) generate example set - get features from segment or points + label from mask
    4) train model - maybe some optimizations...
    5) test model
  • DocMusherDocMusher Member Posts: 333 Unicorn
    Dear BK,
    I can only agree with the lack of manuals on image processing topics using rapidminer. I know, this is very time consuming. A solution could be to publish more project examples related to this topic on myexperiment or similar sites. I hope the message wil be read by those colleagues.
    Success
    Hello,
    I post few examples on http://www.myexperiment.org/users/18932/workflows. I will add some more later. If you have special request, you can write it here...

Best
    Vaclav