Options

kmeans question

Farokh13Farokh13 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello i am new in Rapidminer and i d like to ask something. Is there a way to view results of kmeans clustering in text mode?something like this:
eg.      cluster 0 cluster 1
age        39.4      52.3
state      NY      DC
salary 15132.7 52789.5

I take the mean of each attribute when it is numeric and the most used choice when nominal.Another question is that when i use the kmean (not the weka one) it cant handle any nominal attributes!!!
I dont want the state or sex to become numeric!Then i lose useful data!

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi Farokh13,

you can create an example set consisting of the medoids of each cluster with the Extract Cluster Prototypes operator.
    To cluster nominal attributes you can either try to use k-Medoids which offers a rich set of nominal distance measures, or you can code your nominal attributes via e.g. dummy coding using the Nominal to Numeric operator and then use k-Means. To use dummy coding, make sure that you are using the latest version of RapidMiner.

Cheers,
    Marius
  • Options
    Farokh13Farokh13 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Ok i d better use the weka kmeans operator.How can i see the centroid results? i want to make the profile of each one of the clusters by the stats of each.
    On the results i only take the overall stats.