Options

Classifying examples using a web service

ErikLindbladErikLindblad Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi all

I have read and built the tutorial that exposes a process as a web service in RapidAnalytics. The tutorial uses a macro to get data into the model via the query string in the request. But how do I classify an example using the web service? By that I mean providing attributes in some format (mabe POST key/value pairs), apply a model and get the classification back.

In the screencast at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBCUwA6llns&;feature=player_embedded Rapid-i does the thing I want using around 10:00 but ist says nothing about how the process is set up.

Thanks in advance for any input on this.

Kindest regards

Erik
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    michaelhechtmichaelhecht Member Posts: 89 Maven
    Hi, I'm also interested in this topic but up to now no-one seems to be interested to answer this.
  • Options
    fischerfischer Member Posts: 439 Maven
    Hi,

I remember I have already answered this question once somewhere, but I cannot find the link. Anyway: In the old version, I defined a macro for each attribute and used "Generate Data by User Specification" to create a one-line exmple set. This, admittedly was ugly. As of RA 1.1 you can directly POST CSV, Excel, or XML files to the Web service. Check this out:

http://youtu.be/AiTQtIRNIVo

Best,
    Simon
  • Options
    polandroidepolandroide Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    Hey Simon,

Yes, you responded to this issue before, even on youtube; however, I would still like to inquire to how you connected rapidanalytics to the 'Generate Data By User Specification' operator. I understand that you believe it is an 'ugly' solution, but it is the one that I require. I have no need to supply data in a CSV, XML or any other format other than a parameter in the URL.

Many thanks for your videos and your dedication to creating rapidminer, rapidanalytics and all the extensions.